AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by OrangeQuest » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:58 pm

You could always do a few holes and get some bungee cord something like Silentneko did. Don't have to keep it on just use to secure stuff.

Your boat is looking great!

"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Hey Bogie, it is looking good!

I have a roll of sail cloth bought for my first build. It is still in the tube it came in. I don't remember exactly what it is or even how much I have. But I do know I over think and over buy everything so If you are thinking about making your own let me know.
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:59 am

Thabks fellas!

Ok, Biney thankyou. I'll keep that in mind.

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fallguy1000 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

I enjoy the sailrite videos, but sewing a sail sounds more daunting than sewing a cushion cover and even that seams hard to do well.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:55 am

Nice work Bogie!!! Jeff

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:12 am

fallguy1000 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am
I enjoy the sailrite videos, but sewing a sail sounds more daunting than sewing a cushion cover and even that seams hard to do well.
Exactly, Once I realized it was going to be sew hard to do, I left the cloth in the tube and bought a sail.

Build on!
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:19 pm

The key to learning how to make a sail, is buying an old used sail and fixing it.
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:58 pm

A few pics of my progress over the past few days. I'm doing A LOT of sanding. If I had to guess I'd say there's weeks and / or months of sanding ahead. But that's ok because I don't really mind. There's no rush so the plan is to sand until I'm super happy with everything.

I also mounted the two chain plates inside the cabin.

Also painted the seat bottoms. They look great to me. Inching closer to painting the berths and getting the seats glued down.
Attachments
chain plates.jpg
stbd chain plate.jpg
pt chain plate.jpg
Painted seat bottom.jpg

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Everything is looking really good Bogie! It makes it easy for me (non sailor) when you have labels on everything. I hope that I see the chain plates but really don't know what they are or what they do. :doh:

Also I think most people sand until they are tired of sanding....not till they are super happy enough! :lol: :lol:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:38 pm

OrangeQuest wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 pm
Everything is looking really good Bogie! It makes it easy for me (non sailor) when you have labels on everything. I hope that I see the chain plates but really don't know what they are or what they do. :doh:

Also I think most people sand until they are tired of sanding....not till they are super happy enough! :lol: :lol:
Haha thanks OQ! The chain plates are those triangular shaped pieces on each side of the cabin. There will be a metal piece bolted to them that passes through the hull to the the outside (sticking out a few inches). Then then stays come down from the mast and hook onto them. Not sure if I really need them because my mast will probabaly be free standing but it can't hurt to strengthen the cabin.