AR15 Denver

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: AR15 Denver

Post by Fuzz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:25 pm

The 150 RO is a great tool and not having to deal with dust is simply marvellous :!: I have found the 150 to be a little heavy and aggressive for some uses so I bought the 125 also. Sweet thing is the 125 is the cheapest sander and still does a good job on the lighter work.
Warning Fesstool is boat builders crack. You will want more and more :roll:

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Bogieman wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:37 pm
Thanks Pee Wee, I didn't think soap box at all from what you said. But I was once called a "white devil" by somebody standing on an actual soap box in Central Park. So my bar may be a bit high... :D
[/quote]

:lol: The same thing happened to me and some of my fellow Navy sailors when we were in Manhattan for the ticker tape parade following the gulf war in 91, except the guy added "blue-eyed". And-um- I have green eyes
[/quote]

I don't believe his primary focus was the color of your eyes. ;-) I was in New York 93-94 after being in the Air Force during Desert Storm I was stationed on Okinawa during the conflict.

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Bogieman wrote:
I see I messed up the quote thingy. Oh well
Is there a tutorial anywhere for it? I have been looking and haven't found one. Cause I wanna be more like Jaysen. :wink: just don't tell him I said that... :oops:
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Biney777 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm
Bogieman wrote:
Is there a tutorial anywhere for it? I have been looking and haven't found one. Cause I wanna be more like Jaysen. :wink: just don't tell him I said that... :oops:
Haha! Yes there are some instructions in the 'how to's" but I don't remember how to do it and keep putting it off.

Yeah, if his head gets any bigger he's gonna need new glasses

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Biney777 wrote:
Bogieman wrote:
If you click the Quotation mark in the post you want to quote you get this!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Code: Select all

or you can manually construct using BB code using the start tag [quote] and the end tag [/quote]. You can extend the quote with additional data elements but that’s work.  

I constructed this post in a [code] [/ code] block so you see the tags. 

I’ll post it below so you see how it looks. 

And yes... I’m that kind of a nerd. Deal.

or you can manually construct using BB code using the start tag
and the end tag
. You can extend the quote with additional data elements but that’s work.

I constructed this post in a

Code: Select all

block so you see the tags.

I’ll post it below so you see how it looks.

And yes... I’m that kind of a nerd. Deal.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Bogieman wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:54 pm
Biney777 wrote:
Bogieman wrote:
Haha! Yes there are some instructions in the 'how to's" but I don't remember how to do it and keep putting it off.

I hinknof it as adding additional floatation...
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:25 pm
The 150 RO is a great tool and not having to deal with dust is simply marvellous :!: I have found the 150 to be a little heavy and aggressive for some uses so I bought the 125 also. Sweet thing is the 125 is the cheapest sander and still does a good job on the lighter work.
I hear that! I started with the Festool 125 to address the hand tingling I was getting from the cheap RO's That was 6 months ago when I still thought I had my sander addiction under control. Now that I am hitting the hard stuff I know I am in Trouble! :help:
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Jaysen wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:05 pm
Bogieman wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:54 pm
Biney777 wrote:

I hinknof it as adding additional floatation...
:lol: Yeah, but there's a bunch of smarts in there too. Hate to admit it

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Biney777 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 pm
Fuzz wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:25 pm
I hear that! I started with the Festool 125 to address the hand tingling I was getting from the cheap RO's That was 6 months ago when I still thought I had my sander addiction under control. Now that I am hitting the hard stuff I know I am in Trouble! :help:
Are you saying that getting a Festool is to correct a medical condition similar to carpel tunnel syndrome? So a Festool sander could/should be covered by med ins? 8)
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne