Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Jaysen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am

glossieblack wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:17 am
Good thinking Jaysen.
I hope so. With no Lil Bit, self sustainable crop management or "fish getting" going on, the boss lady has had just about enough of my crankiness in her space. I've become an unfocused PITA in my idle time. Hopefully I can refocus on some straight up sailing to reduce my likelihood of future singleness.

The great barrier reef kind of scares me. It seems like it would be a wonder place to dive but the risk of letting water in the boat from the bottom seems ... significant. Granted I'm one of those that is cautious until I understand things at which point I turn into a typical redneck (hold my beer and watch this) as evidenced by the current state of Lil Bit's exterior. How far off shore are we talking when you say "inside edge"?

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 am

J 24 's are a real competitive and fun boat. Raced against a bunch of them back in the day. You will learn a lot.
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Spent the last couple days in Colorado Springs with the son. Still there but heading out in a few.

We had a bit of a “old school shoot out”. Peeps at 100.

Then moved to dots at 100

Then the Mrs got involved. That pattern is her. She’s banned from participating in “guy time” in the future.

We did have a bunch of guys the kid brought along. We’ve been hearing stories and now have names to faces.

Mrs wanted to watch the McGreggor fight so son got her and some buddies a table at the bar. Mrs has way to much fun. I did too.

Today we did Manitou Springs and Garden of the Gods. You could spend a weekend in both and still miss major vistas.

Hoping to make another trip here soon. Couldn’t live here but it’s definitely beautiful country.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Great Pictures Jaysen!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 pm

I am a little surprised by SWMBO's grouping. I would have thought it would be tight grouping evenly split in the upper and lower 5 ring area :help:
You two look good in a little light clothing. Well one of you looks good to be more precise. :lol: :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:49 pm

All of hers are IN THE ORANGE. She put 5 rounds in there and said “yeah... I think I’m ok”. All those high and left is the kid and me.

It was 75 that day. Stupid cold after. I don’t think it topped 45 all day. Not a place I could live. We had all our winter clothes on.

And I agree. One of us looks good, the other like the a$$ end of a bear. And we all know I’m the a$$.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:31 am

Good photos Jaysen and nice to see your son is doing well in the Army!! Also, beautiful area!! Jeff

piperdown
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by piperdown » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Great pics!
Have a sister that lives in Denver. Whenever I head back to what I consider "home" I stop in. Been to Garden of the God's a few times. It is beautiful country but I still prefer my old stomping grounds in Idaho. Most don't realize that Idaho has more primitive wilderness than any other state except for Alaska.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 am

We really liked Colorado from a "visual" perspective. the cold... not so much.

Believe it or not... Kansas is where it's at. Far western side. Along old rt40. Get me a creek that sets just under the prarrie, some cattle, a mule team for the plow and the leave me the heck alone. The eastern portion of CO was a bit nicer but ... politics have to be factored in.

If only there was direct access to the ocean there, I'd already have a for sale sign on the house.

Fuzz, AK is going to have to put on a real strong show to beat CO.

Mrs and I realized we've driven through (which means stopped to gawk) everything except Maine east of the Mississippi. We need to go north of i70 in the mid-west, and north of Nevada and CA in the west. We are actually discussing driving to AK just to say "we've driven to every possible state in the Union". We didn't start collecting Magnets till the kids left so we will have to revisit a few.

Anyhoo... back in SC just in time for rain. Lil Bit gets a visit Saturday. Maybe some water under the hull as well. We shall see.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Jaysen wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 am
We are actually discussing driving to AK just to say "we've driven to every possible state in the Union". We didn't start collecting Magnets till the kids left so we will have to revisit a few.
Then you should buy one of these....
https://www.themilepost.com/