D5 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
sailboattgf
New Poster
New Poster

D5 build

Post by sailboattgf » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:29 am

First I wanted to thank Bateau for being able to supply plans for such a pratical boat. I built the D5 dram to use as a dinghy for my sailboat and it rows and tows great. This was my first boatbuilding project and I'm just happy that it was sucessful. A couple things I want to mention are that first if you are new to using fiberglass (which I was) it would probably help to get the practice kit. Due to my inexperience My boat is a bit heavier than in the specs. The other thing I found is the time frame for building this boat was quite a bit longer for me. Again I sure in part due to my inexperience with fiberglass. Overall a fun project and looking forward to another oneday. Hope the picture comes out.
Tom F.[img]

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: D5 build

Post by ks8 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Good to hear of another success. And welcome to the group Tom! :D

Try again on the picture. Is it in the bateau gallery or on some other server? If on another server, you could use the URL command and simply give us a link to it. The link may even work without using the url command. Give it a try. :)