FS14 from Seattle

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS14 from Seattle

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 am

Congrats!! She looks really good and what a beautiful place to splash her!!! Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:40 am

Nice, well done.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 am

Beautiful color. :D

Coach
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Coach » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am

That's a beauty! Nice SUP too...I bought the same one for my family!

ctbeutel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ctbeutel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 pm

She turned out great! Definitely worth the effort.
Owner of a FS18, completed FS12.

craigyb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by craigyb » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:48 am

So, I took the boat out on Lake Roosevelt, an 80,000 acre impoundment of the Columbia river this week. It was glass-calm when I went out, and we sped over to a nice sandy cove devoid of humans and had a fine day on the beach. After inflating my lady friend's SUP off the boat battery, I took my dog out for a bit of kokanee fishing. As usual, later in the day as the wind kicked up and waves started to white cap, which is a no-go for small boats up here in the PNW. My friend says the boat was a-rockin during the times I was re-rigging my lines and wasn't able to man the tiller. I think I shouldn't fish alone unless I know the day is going to be totally calm.

I puttered back to the beach and waited for the winds to calm down. They did, and we basked like lizards in the sun for a few more hours. Eventually the wind came back and the waves started to really kick up. We deflated ourselves, then deflated the paddle board, loaded back up and headed to the launch. It did fine! With all our weight on the boat neither of us really were worried much. We tied off and started to unload when a big aluminum Hewes craft (upscale fishing platform in PNW) came up to the launch full of people and fish.

I'm still an amateur at backing up a trailer and in a bit of a panic attack I unhitched it and lowered it back down the ramp manually and had my friend back the truck up. The Hewes craft was listing and bucking pretty wildly and they were audibly concerned about losing their fish. A couple guys off the boat helped me load up quickly and were extremely friendly and helpful and reminded me to just do what I have to do and to not have a panic attack about it. My boat's got as much right to load and unload in due time as any that happens to be on the water. Some of the hull paint came off from the boat harshly hitting the launch's dock, but the big Hewes was hitting it too, so I don't feel like such a dumbass. It was just some unexpectedly wild conditions for both of us.