GV10 Stop and Start Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: GV10 Stop and Start Project

Post by Fuzz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 pm

While each of the testing methods are good in their own way they all have a major flaw. That being they would deny us the on water pictures :D

MikeyGnz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MikeyGnz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 pm
While each of the testing methods are good in their own way they all have a major flaw. That being they would deny us the on water pictures :D
You just hope to see it sink

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am

Nope, don't want to see it sink at all :help: But the good thing is a metal boat at this point will not be hurt at all if it did happen. More just wanting a glimpse of what it looks like on the water. And of course the final powered test will be great to see.

MikeyGnz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MikeyGnz » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Had a few busy weekends followed by a few rest weekends but am now back working on the boat again. I was putting in a solid day yesterday when my welder crapped out again. I only needed a few more hours and it would have been watertight. Maybe some pictures later, too pissed off now.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Sorry about the welding machine but glad to know you have been making some progress. I was wondering what was happening with this build.

MikeyGnz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MikeyGnz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Welder dropped in for repairs. Assuming it is a simple problem it should be all ready by Friday and I can finish this weekend. In the mean time I am going to get all remaining parts cut to length ready to fit and get the wood cut and polyurethane varnished for the seats and transom.

Pics tonight/tomorrow

MikeyGnz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MikeyGnz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Not much more to go. I still need to weld the sides of the mid frames to the side of the hull, cleats for seats, bottom stiffeners and bow seat frame but can't do this until my welder is repaired.

Since I can't weld I did some work on the woodwork last night. Mid and aft seats all cut and trimmed to size. The aft seat isn't sitting properly yet, I need to straighten out the distortion just ahead of the aft frame to make it fit.

I also cut the transom stiffener/clamping board but don't have photos of that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Nice work!!!! Jeff