sole height for self draining

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: sole height for self draining

Post by OrangeQuest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Jaysen wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 am
Never seen a kayak with a single 400lb person on it. ThT would be... scary.
I could tell a few stories on how people think a boat magically floats no matter the weight.
Me: The boat can hold 400 pound TOTAL!, Not judging sir but how much do you weigh and add that to the other two people's weight that will also be in the same boat" He states that he weighs 350 as he looks at his wife and says, baby, you have to be close to 250! and the fat kid pops in that he weighs 175. Me: So that will be 3 singles?

Our tour boats will hold 600 pounds and we have had them over weight with 2 people in the boat.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 pm

I’m a “lard ass”. I went to the Grand Canyon with the Mrs with the plan to take a horse ride. Get to the stable and the guy looks at me (he had to be a couple days short of 167 years old) and says “son, I like my horses. What do you think of them?”
“Sir, they seem like fine animals, but, to be honest with you I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a good horse and a bad horse unless they both spoke up and made coherent arguments.” I replied.
“What would you say if I said that horses, even good horses, have limits in what they can carry?”
“I’d say you missed your calling and should consider a career in politics... that and I need a refund on my ticket.”
“You’re the kind I like!” He said. “There’s a four wheeler over there you can take down the road if you’d like. No charge.”
Old man and I had quite the chat over beer at the bottom.

And yes, I took some liberties with the dialog but it’s pretty damn close to what happened. If you’re fat you’ve got to accept the limits it puts on your life. That or get thin. I’ve lost a hundred so far. Quite a bit more to go.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm

This is not Facebook!
FS14 SandPiper

Building
LM18 LS RC

><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm
This is not Facebook!
:lol: :lol: