FS14LS Pre-Planning

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
bamaguy0
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS14LS Pre-Planning

Post by bamaguy0 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Got my order placed for initial batch of supplies this past weekend. Gonna head down and pick them up from BBC on Friday.

I built my strongback and cut out the Bow Mold and Frame C out of some plywood I had laying around. I was initially going to make the strongback out of 10ft long 2x4s but the first try didn't go well. It warped like crazy. Found some decent 8ft boards at Home Depot and they seem to be holding steady. Fingers crossed!

I did like VT_Jeff's idea of making some additional braces for the Bow Mold and Transom so I will be doing that once I start cutting parts out and assembling them on the strongback.

Guess I'll start the build thread at this point. :)

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:21 am

bamaguy0, give us a call at 772.742.8535. I just want to make sure you bring a tarp to cover your marine plywood!!! It is raining everyday here on the East side of Florida!!! Jeff

bamaguy0
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bamaguy0 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Picked up my starting supplies today. I'm going out of town next week for work so I'll be delayed a little in getting the real work started.

It was good to meet Jeff and Reid at BBC. Got a little overview of their own FS14LS and it definitely made me excited to see what's in the realm of possibility.

In other news, I picked up a mid 90s 25hp Nissan/Tohatsu 2 stroke short shaft motor on the drive back home. :D I'll probably build a quick stand for it this weekend so it's not just laying on the floor. It had good compression and runs pretty well. Just needs a cleanup and a recoat of paint.

Next post will be in the build thread forum.