FS17 Outboars bracket?

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
John S
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

FS17 Outboars bracket?

Post by John S » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Happy New Year ALL! I have purchased plans for the FS17, I have a few questions, first I would like to locate plans to build an engine bracket, to increase the efficiency of the engine and to install a live bait well in the splash well area, so I also need bait well plans, can anyone help?

[-o<

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:56 pm

We do not supply any plans for brackets. We have a few designs with options for brackets in which case we recommend a supplier (stainless marine or Armstrong)

The FS17 is not a good candidate for a bracket. A bracket on such a small and already balanced boat will not improve anything - quite the contrary

If you want bait wells towards the transom, that would be easy to do. They are just boxes built off the transom.

Lung Boy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lung Boy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:45 pm

John, there are some plans for an aluminum bracket/manual jack plate at the following:
http://www.dillon-racing.com/jackplate/index.htm

If I were to make one, I would use 3/8" thick structual aluminum angle 6061-T6. 4" x 4" length of about 6 six feet should do. Materials are going to run about $100. It might be worth your while to get a commercial one like on Shine's F17.