tw28 precutkit

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
ishmaelmorris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

tw28 precutkit

Post by ishmaelmorris » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Jacques,

When we laid out, the bottom pieces from the precut kit, the grooves for bending are cut on opposite sides so that the port side would have the grooves inside and the starboard sides would have the grooves on the outside if used as is. One side or the other needed to have the sheets flipped before the grooves were cut. It would appear that the bottom pannels were cut for two port sides if the grooves were facing in or for two starboard sides if the grooves were facing out. Please advise how to continue.

Thanks

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: tw28 precutkit

Post by tech_support » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:08 am

ishmaelmorris wrote:Jacques,

When we laid out, the bottom pieces from the precut kit, the grooves for bending are cut on opposite sides so that the port side would have the grooves inside and the starboard sides would have the grooves on the outside if used as is. One side or the other needed to have the sheets flipped before the grooves were cut. It would appear that the bottom panels were cut for two port sides if the grooves were facing in or for two starboard sides if the grooves were facing out. Please advise how to continue.

Thanks

I don't understand the question, the two bottom panels are mirror image

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Joel I believe what he is saying is that the grooves for one panel is on the inside and for the other panel is on the outside, if he were to connect them as mirror images. Correct me if I'm wrong Ismael. I don't know if this could happen Joel with your cutting system if you cut the grooves at the same time as the panels. If so Ismael you may have a panel reversed.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm

wait for Jacques to respond, he made the cutting file

rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by rjezuit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Since they are a mirror image, maybe left /right, port/starboard are mixed up or mis-marked?

ishmaelmorris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ishmaelmorris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Shine I emailed you and Jacques pictures of both sides laid out. I couldn't figure out how to post pictures here with my question.They are not mirror images is what the problem is. If we put the bottom pieces together as they are and them put them on the bottom of the boat the groves on the port side would be facing in while the grooves on the starboard side would be facing out.
Last edited by ishmaelmorris on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ishmaelmorris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ishmaelmorris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Tom you are correct in understanding what the problem is.

ishmaelmorris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ishmaelmorris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks for the replies and if anyone can advise how to post pictures along with the questions it would make the problem clear to all. Also none of the panels come marked. you have to look through all of the drawings and then through all of the precut pieces and match the drawings to the pieces and label them yourself.

Thanks again. Hopefully we can get an answer or some replacement peices so that we can continue.

ishmaelmorris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ishmaelmorris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Tom you are very helpful. The panels can not be reversed as they are cut to accomodate the keel and can only go in one direction when connecting thus the problem with the grooves on the port side cut to face in and the grooves on the starboard side cut to face out.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Are you referring to kerfs to make bending easier? If so,it does not matter which side, they are glassed on both sides.