Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm
Location: Spartanburg,S.C.

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:36 pm

peter-curacao wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:36 pm
narfi wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm


Right now I am epoxy splicing panels in my wifes dining room
You both have your own dining room? Why even build a boat you must be rich! :P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 4269
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 am
Location: St Helena Island, SC

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Jaysen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:39 pm

peter-curacao wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:36 pm
narfi wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm


Right now I am epoxy splicing panels in my wifes dining room
You both have your own dining room? Why even build a boat you must be rich! :P :lol:
My guess is that his house is like mine... My wife let's me pay for her place and occasionally let's me in for a feeding or two.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

User avatar
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: DeLand, Florida
Location: Central Florida USA

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Capt UB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:32 pm

I'll take a dinning room, living room or a bed room when it starts pouring ran and high winds....

This is how I cover my ass....

1022171432~3.jpg
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm
Location: Spartanburg,S.C.

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:32 pm
I'll take a dinning room, living room or a bed room when it starts pouring ran and high winds....

This is how I cover my ass....


1022171432~3.jpg
Dang it Man! That's no way to talk about your boat! :lol:

bateau-webmaster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by bateau-webmaster » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 am

For some reason Eric's thread always makes me think of a passage from a favorite book of mine:
It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.
"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect, "you can hardly make out its shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"
Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.
The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.
"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.
Zaphod moved forward to it, slowly, like a man possessed - or more accurately like a man who wanted to possess. His hand reached out to stroke it. His hand stopped. His hand reached out to stroke it again. His hand stopped again.
"Come and feel the surface," he said in a hushed voice.
Ford put his hand out to feel it. His hand stopped.
"You ... you can't ..." he said.
"See?" said Zaphod, "it's just totally frictionless. This must be one mother of a mover ..."
He turned to look at Ford seriously. At least, one of his heads did - the other stayed gazing in awe at the ship.
"What do you reckon, Ford?" he said.
"You mean ... er ..." Ford looked over his shoulder. "You mean stroll off with it? You think we should?"
"No."
"Nor do I."
"But we're going to, aren't we?"
"How can we not?"

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm
Location: Spartanburg,S.C.

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 am

bateau-webmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 am
For some reason Eric's thread always makes me think of a passage from a favorite book of mine:
It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.
"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect, "you can hardly make out its shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"
Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.
The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.
"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.
Zaphod moved forward to it, slowly, like a man possessed - or more accurately like a man who wanted to possess. His hand reached out to stroke it. His hand stopped. His hand reached out to stroke it again. His hand stopped again.
"Come and feel the surface," he said in a hushed voice.
Ford put his hand out to feel it. His hand stopped.
"You ... you can't ..." he said.
"See?" said Zaphod, "it's just totally frictionless. This must be one mother of a mover ..."
He turned to look at Ford seriously. At least, one of his heads did - the other stayed gazing in awe at the ship.
"What do you reckon, Ford?" he said.
"You mean ... er ..." Ford looked over his shoulder. "You mean stroll off with it? You think we should?"
"No."
"Nor do I."
"But we're going to, aren't we?"
"How can we not?"
Wow Jamie! I could not expect higher praise than that. I'm honored my build moves you to think of those words.
Thank You so Very Much!!! :D 8)

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm
Location: Spartanburg,S.C.

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 am

Started a little later than I planned. I had to run to Lowes for more laquer thinner (gallon #4) and some chip brishes.
Then to Walmart for more paint pans. They were out of the six inch pans so I had to settle for the four inch. The ones at Lowes are to dang thin.
Walmarts are nice and thick!
Really cool shop when I started, 63 degrees and 37 outside. I know Narfi and Fuzz are laughing their butts off at that! :lol:
Anyway, 15 ounce batch got it done but not much left over. The cool temp made the application thicker is my guess.
I'll let this cure out and test sand a couple of place Monday to see where I am.

Finish temp. :o
Image

Today's pictures....like yesterdays with more primer. :lol:

Image

Image

Happy Veteran's Day!! I'm headed out to the barbershop. The owner is catering free BBQ to any Vet that comes by.
I'm going to take a plate to my Dad. Y'all have a good weekend.

bateau-webmaster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by bateau-webmaster » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Eric1 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 am


Wow Jamie! I could not expect higher praise than that. I'm honored my build moves you to think of those words.
Thank You so Very Much!!! :D 8)
Glad to hear it! I figured you for someone who knows where his towel is. :p

Happy Veterans' day! Hope your dad is doing well.

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:52 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Eric's C21

Post by PNWcx25 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Wow, If I where to sand it I'd ruin it. Your prep work has really paid off.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:57 pm
Location: Bryson City, NC

Re: Eric's C21

Post by TomW1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Eric happy veteran's day and am sure your dad will enjoy that barbecue.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests