Narfi's FS17 - Build Thread

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Narfi's FS17 - Build Thread

Post by narfi » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Eric1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 am
Love to you and the Family.
Same for you. I was happy to see you starting to get some of your steam back.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:12 am

Break time entertainment for my coworkers was moving my boat onto the partially built trailer to test balance and fit.
20190930_101414.jpg
20190930_143324.jpg
Trailer seems balanced well, plenty of weight on the tongue but I can lift it ok myself. My honda moves it around the yard ok, will be interesting to see if its heavy enough to pull it out of the water or not.

I hosed it out inside and out and spent some time getting as much of the dust and grime off as possible. Swept and tidied the floor in the tent and parked it back inside.
20190930_193755.jpg
Need to clean the tables along the wall too...... they are getting out of control.

Next step on the boat is a light sanding everywhere to make sure there arent any shiny spots and then lay down the first real layer of fairing compound. Not sure if there will be good enough weather to do that still this year or not, but if we get a warm snap I'm ready. (Had a pretty hard frost earlier this week and been damp and cool since)

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:18 am

Love the profile picture of your boat, really looking good!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 am

Narfi, she is looking really good!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fallguy1000 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am

Boat sure looks nice.

We are slated for snow Saturday. My wife wanted to go golfing and nearly cried when I told her to check the weather.

Best of luck.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am

Brother that is a beautiful boat! I hope mine will look as good. :D

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:58 am

fallguy1000 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 am
Boat sure looks nice.

We are slated for snow Saturday. My wife wanted to go golfing and nearly cried when I told her to check the weather.

Best of luck.
Thanks.
We had snow Sunday morning. Landon went out and played for an hour before church and some of his friends were convinced they were taking their snow machine to church they were so excited........ was only a 1/4" and melted by noon buy the kids sure had fun.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:03 am

Eric1 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am
You are more meticulous than me..... yours will turn out better :)

After several days the boat still hadn't dried out from rinsing it off so I am probably done for the year.

The trailer is just tacked together right now so I dont want to be driving around a bunch, but if my buddy has time we plan to dump the boat in the water (and I can see how it balances there), and finish welding up the trailer. Then I could potentially bring it into the hanger on weekends and apply fairing mix then back into my tent for weeknight sanding.... we will see. He is going out of town for work soon, so not sure when that will happen.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:19 am

narfi wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:03 am
Eric1 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:22 am
You are more meticulous than me..... yours will turn out better :)

After several days the boat still hadn't dried out from rinsing it off so I am probably done for the year.

The trailer is just tacked together right now so I dont want to be driving around a bunch, but if my buddy has time we plan to dump the boat in the water (and I can see how it balances there), and finish welding up the trailer. Then I could potentially bring it into the hanger on weekends and apply fairing mix then back into my tent for weeknight sanding.... we will see. He is going out of town for work soon, so not sure when that will happen.
That sounds like a good plan.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:48 pm

No boat progress to report, we had a huge dump of snow over thanksgiving then huge melts since.

Today I hit the 40lb lost mark!
October 5th I was 264lbs, today I am 224lbs. (40lbs in 10 weeks)
That might even be lighter than when I got married 14yrs ago o.0

Averaging roughly 1200 calories per day including a protein supplement in my coffee in the morning and lots of white meat(turkey and chicken breast). (and a bunch of daily vitamin supplements)
Lifting with dumbbells at home first thing when I wake up 5 mornings a week (skipping the last leg day since I walk so much)
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/worko ... ly-workout

Walking roughly 3 miles (45-50 minutes) before and after work 5 days a week.
No lifting but try to walk a bit more on Saturday, then Sundays off except for basketball with the high school kids for 2hrs which isn't really a 'rest' but is a lot more fun.

I think I was doing too much with my legs, they were really starting to hurt, woke up monday and it was 45degrees and the runways were icy, muddy and had rivers of water running down the sides..... I figured God was telling me to take the week off. So I skipped all walking and leg days lifting this week to give them a break, but with the caloric deficit still seem to be loosing lbs.

Tracking everything (diet and exercise) with Samsung Health on my phone and watch.

Have a bet with a coworker of similar size, first one to 200 gets $200. I think this is a good deal as we both end up winners and $200 is cheap for 4-6 months trainer.
As competitive as I am, I will probably be out the $200.... He started 5lbs lighter than me at the beginning and has held that lead, and he is 10yrs younger..... But I'll fight till the end :)