OB 15 low sheer

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
AdamG
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: OB 15 low sheer

Post by AdamG » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 am

I will say the shear near or at design makes it a remarkably seaworthy small boat. I have taken mine through conditions maybe I ought not to have and it rides up and over large waves without taking water. Only a really steep breaking wave can swamp it as designed.

Adam G
GF-12 May 2004
OB-15 July 2006

Capt UB
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Capt UB » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:33 am

Stinkyface

I went with the FS14 (not LS) and made some changes I saw others had done here. I'm running on the St.Johns River and NSB area. Biggest problem for me was the Damn gators on the river, I wanted some freeboard!! Also, helps keep the grandkids and dog safe.
90.jpg
FS14, getting wet soon.... LM18 (Laguna Madre Skiff 18). Plans, plywood and supplies, in hand. Late summer build 2018/19 build, This is a beautiful designed boat.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am

AdamG wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 am
I will say the shear near or at design makes it a remarkably seaworthy small boat. I have taken mine through conditions maybe I ought not to have and it rides up and over large waves without taking water. Only a really steep breaking wave can swamp it as designed.
I want more posts like that!
I have been on several OB15's and they are great little boats.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Stinkyface
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stinkyface » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Hey Capt.,

I was going to go with that design but the LS but needed a little bigger boat and didn't trust myself to scale anything from plans for my first build. If it came in a 15 ft I would have been all over it! Looks like you're doing a great job so far. I look forward to helping each other out.