OB15 Questions

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

OB15 Questions

Post by Jeff » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:40 pm

The following question came into our email earlier today: Please be advised that last year I bought the drawings of the outboard skiff-15.
May be I am missing something, but do not You think, that there is a mistake there. The built-in chine can be achieved when You meet the end of the bottom panel with the surface of the side panel. Where these panels will meet should be indicated by a curve on the side panel (because we need to know where exactly the end of the bottom panel has to meet the surface of the side panel). There is such a curve, but it is drawn on the bottom panel (but not on the side one). Am I missing something or there is the curved line drawn on the wrong panel?

Response from Jacques: I should not show that line on the bottom panel, you don't need it. Disregard it please. I don't even show the dimensions for that line. See the assembly sequence drawing: you drop the bottom panel first then, add the side. The side lines up with the sheer and can only be installed the correct way. Line up the side panel with the sheer edge and it will be correct. I will remove that extra line from the drawing at the next update of the plans.