Fs17 LS jig question

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
rbecker08
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Fs17 LS jig question

Post by rbecker08 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Got it on the letter being paper size....I instantly thought it was versions k so all is good I'll add that picture here tonight

rbecker08
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by rbecker08 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 pm

So here is the set up as it stands, I done know how much it's worth but the supports are backed off the frame locations until we get the locations squared away. After that I'll go back and move them into position and mount the frames to them. Thanks
20180720_212359.jpg

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 am

I understand you've got other things to sort out first, but two things you might consider while you're setting up:

You may find your strongback is higher than ideal, you need to be able to reach the hull panels where they join in the center.

Those wheels look small- they need to be substantial enough to bear the weight of the almost completed boat with the builder inside, and a larger wheel will roll more easily. You want either locking wheels or have chocks ready for the times it's wanting to roll and you want it to stay put.

Once you've got the frames located you'll need to have some more diagonals to lock everything in place so when it comes time to tug on the hull panels your careful work will remain square.

As a whole, it looks like you're off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing your boat come together!
Hank

rbecker08
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by rbecker08 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:54 pm

So here is what we are gonna do.....I am going to mount all my frames at where specified 36 36 36 36 and put the bow mount at the end of the strong back 23 inches away. Then put the panels on and see if they align with the bow mold, if to long I'll pull the panels back cut the strong back back to 18 in forward of frame a and try again. Thinking it is always easier to make it shorter then make it longer.

rbecker08
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by rbecker08 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:49 pm

So not to revive a dead thread but I may have found the addition fourish inches I was after....its in the back. No clue how it happened but frames are still in the right place it's just like the whole assembly is shifted back from where it should be.....
Plan now is to just screw the transom into the stringer knees after tying the stringer to the jig near frame A to ensure the transom weight doesn't shift my stringer. Any thoughts?
20181003_221054.jpg
I also cut gaps in and I cried a little bit inside 😁
20181003_221532.jpg