Hurricane Michael

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Hurricane Michael

Post by OrangeQuest » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

You are not kidding about it moving water. San Luis Pass where I like to fish is already getting extra high tidal movements. Everyone in the path of this storm hoping you stay safe and please give updates after it passes.

"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:36 am

All, just saw an update this morning and now Hurricane Michael is a CAT 4. Very mean storm and I hope all of you in its path stay safe!! Please update us as you can. jeff

thb
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by thb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:16 pm

We have had some much needed rain, about 2-1/2 inches today. Storm is already in Geogia and some of the strongest winds we have seen just now. Gusts to 30-35 maybe. Nothing too bad and we still have power.

Now the folks on the river are getting hit by the storm surge which looks like 6 ft - 8 ft or so along with a 4 ft high tide. River Road is under water out to the West near the boat ramp. All in all not bad at all. Steinhatchee lucked out again.

Regards
Tom in Steinhatchee

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Anyone heard from Barry? I think he lives out near Tallahassee.

Hope everyone is ok!!!

thb
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by thb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 pm

A lot of power outages around Tallahassee from the tally local tv station.

Dog Fish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Dog Fish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi Tom
Do you know if the tide was high enough to come inside the store at Sea Hag Marina ?

Brian …...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Yes, and Dutch1 is somewhere close to Tallahassee as well!! Let’s try to get some updates as soon as the power starts to come back in to the panhandle!! rbecker is in the panhandle but I think closer to Pensacola!! Any updates from any of our friends would be helpful!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:16 pm

thb wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:16 pm
We have had some much needed rain, about 2-1/2 inches today. Storm is already in Geogia and some of the strongest winds we have seen just now. Gusts to 30-35 maybe. Nothing too bad and we still have power.

Now the folks on the river are getting hit by the storm surge which looks like 6 ft - 8 ft or so along with a 4 ft high tide. River Road is under water out to the West near the boat ramp. All in all not bad at all. Steinhatchee lucked out again.

Regards
Tom in Steinhatchee
That is some good news. Good to hear you guys are ok Tom.

Still wishing and hoping the best for the rest in the path of this beast.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

On the coast of Georgia we have had heavy rain and some wind, but nothing too serious. We are experiencing some higher than normal tides as well. The causeway to St. Simons Island was closed tonight as a precaution. Tornado watches are in effect. Tonight and tomorrow should be windy as well, but we are not expected really to get the type of wind we got last year during Irma and Mathew.

My thoughts are with those in the Panhandle that bore the brunt of the storm.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 am

My thoughts and prayers for the people that Michael hammered. We are getting a ton of rain this morning.
They cancelled school because of tornado warnings in the area.