Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
I'd do and have done just what Pee wee said. Sister in a little plywood tab and let thickened epoxy do the rest. I think that happens often, at least it does to me. The bottom panels don't bend up snug to the molds or something. It's not even a thing
all; thanks for the support. Hard to see what happened but I am moving forward. I will fill the gap with plywood then do the normal FG. Next will be some cardboard mockup. I think I will cut out only a door opening into cabin. Not sure of the value of the "window" cutouts either side of the entry way to cabin. Found a porta-potti that should fit right behind the console in the cabin.....Thetford 135. Anyone used one?
Cut station c upper cabinet frame wrong, glad I caught it prior to adding it in. Now seems to fit. Cut hatch for frame “A” now; seemed easier than try to cut it in place. Laminated “roof beam sisters” now also. Progress but a lot to do. Had my Urolift completed last week. Google it; most of you probably need it or will......
Looking good just lots of adjusts you be going over and over nowmohrscott wrote: ↑Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:58 pmCut station c upper cabinet frame wrong, glad I caught it prior to adding it in. Now seems to fit. Cut hatch for frame “A” now; seemed easier than try to cut it in place. Laminated “roof beam sisters” now also. Progress but a lot to do. Had my Urolift completed last week. Google it; most of you probably need it or will......
Check out my build----C17---- hit the link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63575
Salty’s right; lots of fussy fitting now. Burning Man was on my bucket list. @69 you need to start emptying the bucket. Went with my niece who is a hard core burner. Pretty hard to describe. Really harsh; 100+ most afternoons. Those in RVs do pretty well but I camped. Great people; very giving. A lot of electronic dance noise (music) and some great music if you look for it. Artwork is amazing.
Has been taking me a long tome to glass in the frames and start the sleepers for the soles. I decided to work my way now to stern, leaving the motor well frame until the end. Much easier for me to get in and out of the boat through the the transom rather than climbing up and over the side. Back to heating the work areas. Will try some flotation foam tonight after the hull warms up.
Looks really good to me. Just cut off the overflow, seal with resin and repeat in the next bay. Good to save the offcuts to be sealed into the next bay to save on waste. I found this to be one of the most fun parts of the build.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests