C Series Scuppers?

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Dan_Smullen
Active Poster
Active Poster

C Series Scuppers?

Post by Dan_Smullen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Does anyone have pictures of there scuppers in their C17,19, or 21?

“Auspicious” has some sexy scuppers on her posterior, but I’m wondering how they are routed between station 5 and the transom.

TomTom
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: C Series Scuppers?

Post by TomTom » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi Dan - I only just saw this.

Those “scuppers” are really just an oval fiberglass tube that I made over an oval shaped wooden mold. Easiest is to do a few layers of fiberglass and let it set up. Them cut it off the mold lengthwise and take it off - it will have a slit but it will have the shape you want. Then you beef it up with more layers of glass now that it is off the mold.

They went through the motorwell bulkhead all the way to the transom. And then I just plugged them when we were using the boat with some foam plugs I made out of flip flop foam.

I have had very poor performance from any scupper I have tried - so I feel like a plug is the easiest thing.

These interest me

https://www.gemlux.com/shop/boat-marine ... Hulls-Only

Dan_Smullen
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dan_Smullen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:59 pm

Hey, Tom. Thanks for the insight.

How have you made out with the stretch and repair?

TomTom
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TomTom » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Happy New Year Dan - the extension and repair going well - am over the hump - she is flipped, foamed on the inside, new sole has been glued down, front locker is back in and so really she just needs the motorwell back in, console glued down and painting. Been a long road - and Jacques was right that starting from scratch might have been easier - but 🤞 I am really happy with how she has turned out. But want to field test here before saying anymore - you know how boaters are superstitious and all!!

Matt Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Matt Gent » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Tubes and plugs is where it’s at.

Oval will flow more water and round is easier to find tapered plugs off the shelf. Mine are round as I never take water in the cockpit with the cabin up front.