PH15 Sponson and engine clearance

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:18 am

I had one last night! Good stuff. Thanks again Mike.

Joel

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:03 pm

Mike Adams wrote:
jacquesmm wrote:I must have been in a bad mood . . . sorry.
:?
Didn't have a hangover from the Aussie beer I left with you yesterday, didja Jacques? :lol: :lol:
No but I agree with Joel. We shared your beer and I like it.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

nort
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by nort » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:43 pm

For the beer nerds among us, please let us know what kind of beer it was. I am now living in Mississippi and the beer selection is not very good. I called the distributor in Jackson to see if they handled Lindemann's Lambics and they did not know what I was talking about about. You should see the stares when I tell people that Foster's Lager is imported all the way from Canada, not Australia. So let me know what is was so I can dream.

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:07 pm

nort wrote:For the beer nerds among us, please let us know what kind of beer it was. You should see the stares when I tell people that Foster's Lager is imported all the way from Canada, not Australia. So let me know what is was so I can dream.
It was "VB" (Victoria Bitter). Foster's is OK but isn't as good as VB, IMHO. VB has a bit more 'bite'. As a Queenslander I also like "XXXX" (Fourex), but Tasmania's Cascade is also pretty good. Wish I could have bought a slab (case of 24) with me in my cabin baggage instead of just a six-pack, but the airlines and the customs folks would probably get a bit picky about that.. :lol: ..!
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:31 am

He said he likes beer with a bite. Sounds like you need some Schlitz Malt Liquor that will put the hair on the dog. lol

I'm a bourbon man myself. :D

JimW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JimW » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:36 am

Mike Adams wrote:
nort wrote:For the beer nerds among us, please let us know what kind of beer it was. You should see the stares when I tell people that Foster's Lager is imported all the way from Canada, not Australia. So let me know what is was so I can dream.
It was "VB" (Victoria Bitter). Foster's is OK but isn't as good as VB, IMHO. VB has a bit more 'bite'. As a Queenslander I also like "XXXX" (Fourex), but Tasmania's Cascade is also pretty good. Wish I could have bought a slab (case of 24) with me in my cabin baggage instead of just a six-pack, but the airlines and the customs folks would probably get a bit picky about that.. :lol: ..!
VB is what we drank nonstop on my 3 week trip to Darwin in the late 80's. Good stuff.
Jim Wright
CC, D15, SC16, C19

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:51 am

nort wrote: I called the distributor in Jackson to see if they handled Lindemann's Lambics and they did not know what I was talking about about. .
We are getting a little off topic here but you can buy the Lambic online. It cost $ 7.00 for a 16 oz. bottle . . .
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

LIVEWIRE
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LIVEWIRE » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:03 pm

now thats one thing america as advanced as it is has never been able to do. BREW BEER!
although i down alot of shiner bock. one of the best american brewed bocks.
watch out if i find guinness on tap. i'll shut the bar down.

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:01 pm

jacquesmm wrote:We are getting a little off topic here
Yeah, my fault - sorry for hijacking your thread, Stickystuff! I'll try to get it back on the rails - did you get the answer about the jackplate you were after?
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

JimW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JimW » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:59 am

jacquesmm wrote:
We are getting a little off topic here but you can buy the Lambic online. It cost $ 7.00 for a 16 oz. bottle . . .
We have to talk about fishing and beer once in a while. It keeps the builder's mental imagery working to keep progress steady for the tired worn out builders. Without thoughts of calm days floating on the St. John's with a St. Pauly Girl I could not have finished my boat.

And then Jacques goes -> :roll: "Oh brother"
Jim Wright
CC, D15, SC16, C19