DR Bones Return

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

DR Bones Return

Post by cottontop » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:23 am

Hey Doc! It's been quite awhile. What do you lack on the "Inshallah"? As soon as you get her going, let me know. My wife and I will bring "Ezmorning" up for a fishing trip. Hope you and your family are doing well. Cottontop :D

DrBones
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by DrBones » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:56 am

Hahaha...hey there John! Most definetly...I'll let you..and everyone else know when I put her in the water...after all it's been a long voyage!

I'm still here...still watching the boards..just haven't done anything worthwhile to report...until now.

Last year was a difficult one, lost a contract and had to make-do w/my state job, which with an expanded family wasn't the easiest thing. Either way...I have a new job, I can meet the family budget now...which means I'll have the means to finish Inshallah.

OK..here's the skinny: Inshallah is finished, except for a steering cable, and I need to put in the wiring. A buddy at work donated an old marine radio and antenna, so that's taken care of. Now the thing though is, that I had to sell my car last year...onto which I'd put a hitch. Since I just bought my wife a new car (Toyota Highlander - the 4 cyl. 2.4l engine model w/155HP), I now need to put a hitch on it. The car is rated for 3000 lbs of towing capacity. You fellas think that's good enough?

So, I need to install:
- Wiring and Fuse Box
- Marine Radio
- Steering cable
- Hinges on the console door for the fuel tank
- Most importantly: Install a hitch on the Highlander, if you guys think I can do it to the car w/o damaging the transmission.

In other words: It's probably just a weekend or two of work and I should be done. It'll probably be March first though, ...as I have a few outstanding bills that need to be taken care of first! :P

fishingdan
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fishingdan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:39 am

Welcome back Doc. I'm glad to hear that things have turned in a better direction for you.

You shouldn't have any problem with pulling the OD behind the Highlander. If the vehicle doesn't an extra tranny cooler, I would put one on. There are in-expensive and well worth it.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:49 am

Doc,
Man I thought I was going to have to call my old buddies at SAR :D

COPRO, had or still has a steering cable. Shoot him a message on his thread.

That Yota will pull that boat, make sure you don't pull it in over drive and you'll be fine. Also, pull it 65mph or less.

CHEERS BUDDY, WELCOME BACK!

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:10 pm

Doc, it has been a long time. Welcome back, and lets see some more pics when you have them.

jasonmcintosh
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jasonmcintosh » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:09 pm

Welcome back. I've been wondering what happened with you and your boat. I keep picturing in my head this picture you posted of all of those bugs you found in your fairing compound one day...

Jason
Last edited by jasonmcintosh on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopefully fishing from my GF18

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:19 pm

welcome back Bones :D

Lamar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lamar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:57 pm

Hi Dr.Bones, I'm a newbie here. I saved your website to my favorites. It's good to see someone else has gone the long route, that I'm going to have to take also. If I can "make" my next bonus at work, I should be able to order the wood and glass. I have my plans for a D-15. BTW, I have a lot of relatives in the Leon county area. Good to meet you. Lamar
D-15 plans in hand

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:15 am

Hey Lamar, I live in your neck of the swamp.

I need to order some ply from BBC also. If you want to, we can order it together and split the shipping charges. Probably save us $100 each?
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Lamar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lamar » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:39 pm

Hey Larry, I researched a lot of your posts, and knew you used to live in Thunderbolt. Your right, they ruined a great view of the ICW and small town flavor with the condos. Tubbies tank house lost a great view. Mr.Teeples closed his restaurant but still has the seafood store. I used to deal with Palmer Johnson Yatchs and now on a very small scale with Thunderbolt Marine. The upside is, when Palmer Johnson sold out to Global Ship System, on Lathrop, I picked up all that businness. I think Intermarine has the old property on Thunderbolt. I would love to save us money on the plywood order, but I can't be ready until the end of march, if I make the bonus. How much of a hurry are you in? Btw, I was born in, Homerville, Ga. Is that swamp enough? I loved the picture of the alligator and the deer. :roll:
D-15 plans in hand