2017 Southeast builder's meet at River Palms Cottage OCT 13-14th

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Southeast builder's meet at River Palms Cottage OCT 13-14th

Post by Reid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 am

Artesian18 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm
Re: The 2017 River Palms Cottage Meet OCT 13-14th.
Hello, my name is "Doc" and I would like to introduce myself as I am a new member of Bateau2 Builder Forum. I absolutely love building boats!!! After much thought and research, I am almost positive I have decided on Starting now and building the OD 18. I have a lot of experience building boats already, and I want this one! -- for it will suit every purpose I need it for.
Most co-incidentally, is that I was researching more about the boat, the Beteau website/company and it's tech support and I found out about the Builder's Meet of 2017 and I am very interested in attending the weekend event. I am sure that I can meet a lot of people, network, and most importantly Pick the brains of the one's who have already been through what I'm about to undertake (building the OD18). I want to recall the people I meet in regard to future communications, advice, etc (place a face with the name, and vice versa).
I just think maybe it would be worth my while to attend? So....
Will it be worthwhile for me to attend even if I don't have a boat? I see there is going to be other OD18 and similar boats there?
Would someone please help and describe what the meet is like, and if Newby Beginners to Bateau2 Builders will be noticed?, is it possible to be sponsored around at first etc., (welcomed and shown around and kinda "adopted" so to speak) so I can get out on the water and see what and why the boats I'm about to build are so addictive?
All this happened so fast for me today, and now, for me to potentially plan this trip from Orlando. I need help in feedback and what to expect.
Mahalo!
Sincerely,
"Doc"
Doc,

Welcome to the Builder's Forum. My name is Reid, I work at Boat Builder Central/Bateau. We would love to have you at the Builder's Meet. You will see that it is pretty informal and really just a great group of boat building enthusiasts!!! You really couldn't ask for a better chance to see the boats in person, take a ride, and talk to the people who built them. Please take a look back at the first few pages of the thread to see the itinerary. Saturday would be the best day to come by, we are having a cookout that evening. There may be some rooms still available at the River Palms Cottages if you would like to stay the night.
I look forward to meeting you!
Reid

Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 am

topwater wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am
Jeff what time are you going to be there to check in ? I thought you said around 5 pm . If so so i guess i'll be the guy stumbling
around the parking lot with a beer in my hand until you show up :wink: I should be there early in the afternoon.
Topwater,

We can't check in any earlier than 3 pm on Friday. I will plan on being there no later than 3pm. No worries about the beer, it's 5 o'clock somwhere!!!

Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 am

Hey everyone,

Quick update:
Only a couple day away so I hope everyone has their tanks filled and tackle squared away. It looks like we may have a chance of a shower or two. The weather looks good on Friday evening for reception. Rain chances go up to 60% on Saturday morning, so bring some rain gear if you plan on fishing. The rain chances drop down to 30%-40% for Saturday evening's cookout. We will have our 10x10 canopy tent and I know a few others will have their tents as well. I plan on getting to River Palms by 3pm on Friday for check-in and will be around all weekend. Jeff will be running up to the shop on Saturday morning to assist a few customers with their order pick-up. For those who are planning on attending for the day, there is a dirt parking/trailer lot on the North end of the River Palms Cottages property. Since parking is limited in front of the rooms, I would suggest parking there.
Thank you all for the great communication and questions, I will see you on Friday!!! If you have any immediate concerns please give me a call at the shop 772-770-1225.

Reid
- Steven Wright

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 am

I will bring a second canopy.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm

If anyone needs to find the Bateau group, just look for all the canopies!!! :D :D :D :D
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm

cape man wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm
If anyone needs to find the Bateau group, just look for all the canopies!!! :D :D :D :D
And beer coolers, BBQ's icebuckets,cocktails and people standing like this, :D Image

Capt UB
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Capt UB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 pm

How things can change...

I'll be coming down Friday, to pickup both FS14 kits (ply and epoxy) at the shop, then to the meet. I was able to get a room for Friday night.

Can I bring anything for Friday night and Saturday morning breakfast?

Text me at 386-843-9688

Bob.
I'm always lost when building a boat, it's when the boat is in the water, I know my way.

1970? 13' Canvas on frame canoe
2017 Bateau FS14, starting build Oct 2017.
2017 Bateau NC16, starting soon.

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Is anyone planning on bringing a grill with them? If not, i'm sure we can get our hands on one.

Reid
- Steven Wright

Capt UB
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Capt UB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Reid wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm
Is anyone planning on bringing a grill with them? If not, i'm sure we can get our hands on one.

Reid
I don't think It will fix on the trailer with the boat kits!
0624172035.jpg
I'm always lost when building a boat, it's when the boat is in the water, I know my way.

1970? 13' Canvas on frame canoe
2017 Bateau FS14, starting build Oct 2017.
2017 Bateau NC16, starting soon.

Matt Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Matt Gent » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:56 pm

If the weather is looking decent on Friday afternoon I'll bring my little grill along to throw on some burgers & dogs to help absorb some of the beer.

DE25 rides for anyone that wants one.

Matt