2019 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by Jeff » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:54 pm

George, we looked for you over the weekend at the Florida Sportsman Expo in Tampa!! Sorry we missed you this year!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:11 pm

How did the expo go? Did you take any pictures?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Fuzz, Yes, it went well!! Got to see Cape Man and the Mrs!! Also saw some current and past customers and made some progress with possible builds!! Cape Man told me about their trip to see you, sounds like you guys had a great time and caught some big fish!! Yes, I will post some photos but certainly nothing exciting!! Jeff

tcason
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tcason » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:48 am

Sorry if there was any confusion but I posted the other day that we were not going to be able to put something together this October. We have so much going on with the build out and move to the new location. I did actually call the River Palms Cottages (where we were last year) and they were totally booked up for October and most of November. Jeff and I were thinking of trying to put together the Builder's Meet in May at the River Palms. On a side note, I think the water will be cleaner due to the Army Corps not dumping Lake O as much during the winter months.

Let me know your thoughts, we definitely want you guys to join us!!!

-Reid

any update for 2019??

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 pm

tcason,

Sorry I haven't posted on this thread in a while. We finally have a move in date for our new Office/Warehouse location. We are moving on March 22nd. We will also be rolling out our new website around that same time.
That being said, once we are moved in we will take a look at some dates/locations in October 2019 for the next Builder's Meet.
Please stay tuned, there are a lot of really exciting things happening with Boat Builder Central and Bateau!!!

Talk to you soon,
Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

seaslug

Post by seaslug » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 pm

I'm looking forward to the next builders meet. My vote is for either River Palms again in Jensen, I loved that place, or Chokoloskee. Mike

Aripeka Angler

Re: 2019 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 am

I updated the year in the thread title.
Mike, I’ve not been to Chokoloskee. I’ve heard it’s pretty nice...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley

seaslug

Post by seaslug » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:42 am

Hey Richard, I rented a house on the southern tip of the island last February with a few buddies for 4 nights. Great set up with a safe compound for parking your rigs and not have to worry about taking all your stuff off the boats at night. The place has its own gravel ramp that allows a quick launch in the mornings. I loved the area, covering 85 miles in 3 days, and seeing very few boats, in fact never saw another boat fishing, just saw a few running the main channels. We didn't kill it with the fish, but there were plenty of Trout around the outside islands, landed smaller Snook to about 25", and my buddy battled a 4+ foot Tarpon on fly for about 4 minutes, getting it to the boat twice before 1 last long run and a break off. The funniest part was the fact he'd been dragging around a 10 weight everywhere we've fished for years, never pulling it out of the rack, and the one time he needed it he picked up a 7 or 8 weight not expecting to see a big Tarpon. In fact, he'd only been on the bow a minute, and it was a blind cast. That 10 weight is still collecting dust in his garage. Seems there are a lot of sandy beaches to camp on as well in that area, and now that I've fished it a little I think I'd do better on the next trip. Also, February is not the best time of year there from what I've heard. Even though we didn't catch a ton of fish, we poled some beautiful shorelines for 3 long days, saw some big Snook, just didn't get good shots, and had it all to ourselves the entire trip. Also, zero difficulties navigating everywhere with just Navionics on a phone. I'll definitely go back at some point, if not in October. Mike

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip Mike.
I played around a little bit on VRBO yesterday, I may give the place a try next winter.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Hello Everyone!!!

First off, let me apologize for the absence of a Builder's Meet in 2018. As many of you already know we have been undergoing a lot of positive changes at Boat Builder Central/Bateau. We have recently moved into our new 7000 sq. foot facility in Fort Pierce, FL!!! We have also been working on a new website that we will hopefully be going live with in a week or so.

That being said, Jeff and I have set the dates for the 2019 Builder's Meet! Here are the particulars:

Dates: Friday, September 13, 2019 - Sunday, September 15, 2019
Venue: River Palm Cottages & Fish Camp
2325 NE Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach, FL 34957, (772) 334-0401
www.riverpalmcottages.com

This is the same venue where we held the 2017 Builder's Meet. Jeff and I have booked Cottage #18 again and plan to hold the festivities behind Cottage #18 on the water. If you plan on attending and would like to stay at the River Palm Cottages, please book your cottage or room ASAP. I know they tend to fill up fast! Plan on checking in on Friday and checking our on Sunday. Same as last year, we will have cottage #18 available for anyone to stay in. This is a 4 bedroom / 2 bathroom cottage on the water. Please let me know if you would like to book one or more rooms in this cottage.

I ask that everyone that plans on attending please send me an email (reid@boatbuildercentral.com) or give me a call (772-742-8535) so I can get a proper head count.

There will be more details to follow (itinerary, times, etc...).

Hope to see you there!!!
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright