SECOND ANNUAL TEXAS COAST BUILDERS MEET

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Steven
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: SECOND ANNUAL TEXAS COAST BUILDERS MEET

Post by Steven » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 am

That's the type of rig we used, but no lead on the jig. Just an inline sinker in the 3 oz. range.

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 am

For our dinner on Sat., we are very limited on choices. Moby Dick's is a seafood place that has good reviews. I've eaten there myself last year and have no complaints. One person can go early for seats once we get the total count. They will take a phone number and call when they have enough tables for the group. Hope this suits. Most will arrive on Fri. I think we can meet at Baytree for a strategy session. If anyone has another idea, throw it out there. Don

Steven

Post by Steven » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 am

I'm good with what ever. Here's my cell phone. eight one seven three one two six three two zero

I'm not sure what time I"ll be in on Friday yet. My folks are pulling the camper. If they leave on Thursday, I'll be in early on Friday, probably around noon. If they leave on Friday, We'll caravan and won't get in until probably 6 ish. I plan on fishing the pass Saturday morning if it's not too rough. If it is rough, I'll follow any advice you guys have on alternative spots. I might have room for one or two, but not certain yet. Have to gage how interested the kids are on going. I'll be there all week, so they'll have plenty of opportunity.

Steven

Post by Steven » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey MD, do you place your sinker at the swivel to which you attach your rig?

AdamG
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AdamG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

I guess you need a sinker to keep the bait down when trolling, but if you just drift, you can freeline em. Saves gas, and since kings are always moving too, trolling doesn't really give you any advantage to finding fish unless you are working them over a known structure.
Adam G
GF-12 May 2004
OB-15 July 2006

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Steven wrote:Hey MD, do you place your sinker at the swivel to which you attach your rig?
I put the lead between the line and the leader. I think it helps the bait maintain a more natural action. In the channel you will usually have a stiffcurrent so a weight is probably required.

To all my mobile is two ten 215 sixteen seventy-two. Call or text.

MD :wink:

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Uncle D wrote:For our dinner on Sat., we are very limited on choices. Moby Dick's is a seafood place that has good reviews. I've eaten there myself last year and have no complaints. One person can go early for seats once we get the total count. They will take a phone number and call when they have enough tables for the group. Hope this suits. Most will arrive on Fri. I think we can meet at Baytree for a strategy session. If anyone has another idea, throw it out there. Don
Right-on UncleD. We'll designate a reservation person Friday and enjoy a good meal at Moby Dick's.

Thanks for stepping up on this.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 am

Good plan, thanks for the leg work Don and Charles. My cell down there will be 210, two one eight, seventy five ninety five. We're due in around 2:30, but may not be able to check in 'till four.

Seeing you guys tomorrow Dougster

JohnC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JohnC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 am

Hi y'all:
Bonnie & I can't make it this weekend, have a funeral to go to on Saturday :( . Hope you have good time, let me know if you see SledDog.
John

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am

Sorry John. We're going to miss you. :(