2015 Southeast Builders Meet - Homosassa, FL Oct. 2-4, 2015

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
chopperman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 2015 Southeast Builders Meet - Homosassa, FL Oct. 2-4, 2

Post by chopperman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 am

stickystuff wrote:Chopper, Wish I knew you were there. I live 7 miles fron Homosassa. Would have loved to see your PH. :( :(
Ken, sorry I missed you too. I hope to see you at the meet. :D
Cracker Larry wrote:Welcome back Mark :D :D Wondering where you been. Glad to hear you are coming. Haven't seen you since Boca Grande I think.

Thanks Larry, that really means a lot :wink: I haven't been to a meet since the Keys in 2012. I can't believe it's been that long.

Completed: Phantom 16 viewtopic.php?t=19940

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Topwater.2 wrote:I think Richard was drinking Corona for a month after the boca meet 8)
Yeah, dang it man :lol:
That cooler full you gave me when you headed out must have had 3 cases in it :lol: maybe more, you don't do anything half way :wink:

Hey Chopperman, great to hear from you again 8)
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 pm

I haven't been to a meet since the Keys in 2012. I can't believe it's been that long.
It was in Marathon that I saw yall last, not Boca Grande.. My memory is getting bad, and Peter, Will and Richard contributed substantially that week to furthering my loss of it, not that I needed much help :lol: Whew :!: Not to mention Cape Man. Somehow we didn't all end up in jail that week. :D Especially after we did the Key West Duval Street crawl.. Dang. Who thought it was a good idea to make me the designated driver anyway :doh: I think it was Cape Man's. I know what we wuz doing but what wuz they thinkin? And Peter is a big SOB to carry across A1A too. Hotel desk threatened to throw us out for disturbing the peace several times about 3 AM. Yep, that was a good time, what I can remember of it :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:31 pm

I'm hoping we are not scaring off any would be attendees of this meet with reports of some of our past shenanigans :wink:
The guys who have been coming to this meet since 2008 are a pretty solid group of guys. Many of us have bonded and have shared fishing trips as well as life experiences with one another. Looking forward to this meet..
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:21 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

cape man

Post by cape man » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Clara, Cape Man, and Pattie will be there.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:Hotel desk threatened to throw us out for disturbing the peace several times about 3 AM. Yep, that was a good time, what I can remember of it :lol:
It wasn't me! :P :P :lol:

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Flight and rental car BOOKED yea will see y'all soon :wink:
. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

Steven

Post by Steven » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Put new hubs on the trailer. :) Ready for the long tow. The bearings went in one, and fortunately I discovered it when I jacked up the trailer to work on the fender. The good "old" hub I'll repack and put on a new oil seal and travel with as a spare. Two new hubs were only $30 more than buying all the parts and rebuilding.

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Busy Busy Busy...This is the first time I've taken more than about 2 or 3 minutes to peruse the forum in a long time. Actually, the reason I decided to look today was specifically to see if there was any activity on this thread. I'm happy to see it taking off, and looks like an excellent turnout is the making!
Aripeka Angler wrote:I'm hoping we are not scaring off any would be attendees of this meet with reports of some of our past shenanigans :wink:
The guys who have been coming to this meet since 2008 are a pretty solid group of guys. Many of us have bonded and have shared fishing trips as well as life experiences with one another. Looking forward to this meet..
Fortunately, the only places where shenanigans may occur in Homosassa is within walking distance of the hotel. But just remember, they don't too kindly to people who want to play on Monkey Island.

Mark, good to hear from you. How did you do with the scalloping? The one Saturday we picked to go was rain all day...trying to get out there soon, but I'm afraid the freshwater runoff has the water clarity at almost nill.

Perhaps I or someone else can update the list. October should be such a great time to be there.
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread