2019 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by Reid » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 am

cape man wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:37 am
Are we doing a dinner like usual? Grill, fryer, etc.? Who's taking charge (Reid)? Are we still at around 10 people?
Cape man,

Excited to try the pale ale! If the home brew and fresh shrimp doesn't excite people and entice them to show up, I don't know what will!
So far the head count is approx. 10. We plan on doing the same thing as last time. I will work on putting together an itinerary this week.

Talk soon,
Reid

Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 am

Hey everyone,

I am pleased to tell you that one of our new builders, Rtorres2411, will be joining us at the Builder's Meet!

Ruben, glad you can make it and that you will be bringing your Father and wife. I know your father is just as much of a builder on your OB15 as you are so I know he will enjoy himself.

-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Rtorres2411
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rtorres2411 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 pm

I’m looking forward to get to meet some of the other builders at the meet. I will be taking the OB even thought it’s not finished.

See you all soon
Ruben

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 am

Looks like the venue for the meeting may not be there, or certainly not open for business in two weeks. The latest models have them getting almost a direct hit which will put those ground level cottages underwater...water with big waves. Such a shame as it is such a charming little place. When we were there before I was thinking how vulnerable it would be if a storm like this one came in there. I hope they are okay, but it doesn't look good for the property.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am

cape man wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 am
Looks like the venue for the meeting may not be there, or certainly not open for business in two weeks. The latest models have them getting almost a direct hit which will put those ground level cottages underwater...water with big waves. Such a shame as it is such a charming little place. When we were there before I was thinking how vulnerable it would be if a storm like this one came in there. I hope they are okay, but it doesn't look good for the property.
The River Palms is definitely vulnerable. They have had flooding in the past with storms. They are about 5 mins from my house so I should be able to tell really quickly if they will be operational or not. If the track stays as it (which it probably won't since it has been changing with every update) then that area has the potential to take a hit from the NW corner of the storm (which is not the good side).

I will keep you posted.
-Reid
- Steven Wright

cape man

Post by cape man » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:17 am

What's the word on the cottages?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Reid will go by tonight to see but he only lives about 5 miles from there and no one had any real damage or flooding that we are aware of as of now!! I will get back to all of you no later than tomorrow!! Just glad it is over!!!! Jeff

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Hey Everyone,
I am happy to report that River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp did NOT sustain any damage. I spoke with Jennifer in the front office and she told me everything to business as usual. We are still a go for the Builder's Meet next weekend September 13-15. I hope everyone is still able to make it. Also, I am pretty sure there are still rooms available if anyone would like to make a late reservation.

Thanks and see you soon!
-Reid
- Steven Wright

cape man

Post by cape man » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Guess I better get to work on that transom repair! She'll still be ugly as I won't get the paint done, but the OD 18 will be there to see what a boat looks like after 10 years of hard labor. The beer will be tested next Monday.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Excellent Cape Man!!!! Jeff