RB14 by Kyla and Dad

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: RB14 by Kyla and Dad

Post by terrulian » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:38 pm

So cool. I bet you get some compliments on that gear. :D

Tony

jwassdo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jwassdo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:18 pm

That boat is stunning. What an amazing job. I think the 14 is a bit better proportioned than the 12.

Jeff

jtdums
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jtdums » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:31 am

Jeff,
Sorry I didn’t see your comment.
I agree that the 14’ does have a better overall proportion in my mind as well.
I really think I might like to build the 18’ outboard version next. This one could be mine. :)
It shares the classic style and a bit deeper vee so I think it would be a great all around boat.
Sanding is cathartic...

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:47 am

Can't wait to see that one!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 am

I agree, that will be a really nice boat!! Jeff

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Fantastic build!
2 of your builds in Small boats monthly, very nice write up on the RB14, loved the article and video! Congratulations!

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

jtdums
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jtdums » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 am

Joe H wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm
Fantastic build!
2 of your builds in Small boats monthly, very nice write up on the RB14, loved the article and video! Congratulations!

Joe H
Thanks Joe. They kept in touch after the JBS and when they heard we had decided on the RB14 they asked me to document for the magazine. I think the "building with dad" angle paid off for both girls. Looks like the article may end up in the annual print edition too. We of course are thrilled with the boat and design and hopefully this will send more people to Bateau.com down the road and help support this forum and the business.
Sanding is cathartic...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 am

Jim, we just received our digital copy of Small Boats Monthly late yesterday and very much enjoyed seeing you, (Kyla's build) and your RB14!!! As a matter of fact, we have included this article into a slide show we will be using at boat shows this year!! Really nice build and once again, congratulations to you and Kyla on this beautiful build!! Jeff

jtdums
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jtdums » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:57 am

Jeff wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 am
Jim, we just received our digital copy of Small Boats Monthly late yesterday and very much enjoyed seeing you, (Kyla's build) and your RB14!!! As a matter of fact, we have included this article into a slide show we will be using at boat shows this year!! Really nice build and once again, congratulations to you and Kyla on this beautiful build!! Jeff
I'm glad you guys approve on your end and I am thrilled to be included in your slide show. I hope the exposure helps bring in business and encourages future builders to consider your great designs.
Sanding is cathartic...

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 am

jtdums wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 am
Joe H wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm
Fantastic build!

Joe H
Thanks Joe. They kept in touch after the JBS and when they heard we had decided on the RB14 they asked me to document for the magazine. I think the "building with dad" angle paid off for both girls. Looks like the article may end up in the annual print edition too. We of course are thrilled with the boat and design and hopefully this will send more people to Bateau.com down the road and help support this forum and the business.
You don't think it maybe the skills you bring to a build? Or the fact you use free labor? :D :D

So when do we get to see the "For Dad" boat starting? Hope you start while you still have the free labor!! :lol: :lol: