wegcagle GV15

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
PMac62
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: wegcagle GV15

Post by PMac62 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:21 pm

The "missing man" video is slick. I was thinking that you were gonna hop on the bow of your remote control cruiser. :D Great job!

Jack of all Trades - Master of None

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks guys. The feeling of having a boat built by hand jump up on plane and take off is a unique experience for sure. Unfortunately I'm now stuck working in the hospital until Sunday, so no more rides for a couple of days.
Video's cool too, with the ghost skipper.
I plan to follow your lead this weekend and get my boat launched
Thanks. With the co-pilot trolling motor got a remote controlled toy boat and a actual boat all in one :lol: Good luck on the launch and post LOTS of pictures.
It's about time you finished that boat :D Great job, Will 8)
Yeah, yeah. Thanks Capt. How's the Cracker clan doing? I'm still trying to find some time with Raymond (that man's busy!) to get some bow/side rails on the boat. I'd love to stop by and say hey to you and Dori. Will let you know when I head that way.
Congratulations Will to the launching of this beautiful boat. I wonder how you did make the boat move by itself whilst making the film ? Dont worry about too much epoxy you have a stronger boat. I checked my epoxy deliveries since the start of my boatbuilding and I am now already at the amount of Jaques plan.
I ended up using alittle more than twice the original specs of epoxy. If I built it again, that number would go down significantly. So many screw ups and redos on this boat that I can't even remember them all :oops: I'm sure that most of that extra epoxy got turned into dust along the way.
Nice job, congratulations and thank you for the performance report.
Thanks Jacques.
The "missing man" video is slick. I was thinking that you were gonna hop on the bow of your remote control cruiser. :D Great job!
When I launched the boat, I just backed the trailer into the water until the boat floated off, then used the remote to drive it to the dock, hit the "anchor" button on the trolling motor, parked the truck and hopped on. Easiest one person launch that I've ever done. Didn't even get out of the truck. (For what it's worth I also brought a towel and extra change of clothes, in case it didn't work :wink: ) The DNR guys at the ramped loved it. They thought that was the coolest thing, and ended up delaying my start by almost an hour wanting to play on the boat.

Will

GV15 Complete, D4 in progress

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Yeah, yeah. Thanks Capt. How's the Cracker clan doing? I'm still trying to find some time with Raymond (that man's busy!) to get some bow/side rails on the boat. I'd love to stop by and say hey to you and Dori. Will let you know when I head that way.
The Cracker clan is limping but still kicking. Raymond is screwing off today and he and Rogerdog are fishing and shrimping on the GF18. I wish I was. Nice day, fishing should be great. You and yours are welcome here anytime. We'd love to see you. You know where it is, if we're not home the door is unlocked. Start supper.
When I launched the boat, I just backed the trailer into the water until the boat floated off, then used the remote to drive it to the dock, hit the "anchor" button on the trolling motor, parked the truck and hopped on. Easiest one person launch that I've ever done. Didn't even get out of the truck
Now that is cool :!: :!:
Last edited by Cracker Larry on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Nice Will. Glad you got her launched and good numbers for that prop. Neat deal with the I-pilot. 8)

Couldn't be happier for you.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

From the pics I'm very disappointed in you! From what I saw you did break in everything except the cup holders! :oops: UNACCEPTABLE! :lol: Nah!! great job Will she looks great you can be very proud! have fun with her 8)

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Don't worry Peter, the cupholders were broken in as well. Just didn't need to leave proof :wink: I also had to wait for the DNR officers to leave me alone before I could bust out the goods :lol:

Thanks

Will

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:06 am

Congrats! The boat is beautiful, really nice finished look to her.

Will

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jorgepease » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:29 am

beautiful boat!! ... Im loving that remote control trolling motor also ))

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:11 am

Thanks Will and Jorge,

Still tinkering with a couple of small things, but I almost forgot how great it is to blow off life for a day and spend time on the water. When I was single/no kids I would spend 16+ hours on the water, and thought that life couldn't be any better. I was wrong.

Having the little minions crawl all over the boat, squeal when they get splashed, and the smile on their faces when I let them drive; I really am a lucky person :D

Will

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Very cool signature Will! 8) 8)