V10, October 2015, Tony Johnson

Post your launchings here. Please keep the to plan/date format
gonandkarl
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: V10, October 2015, Tony Johnson

Post by gonandkarl » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi Tony,
I must say that I admire this pictures of you rowing your lovely boat and I have seen it posted in your thread in the forum. The same as the video rowing in San Francisco Bay under the Golden Gate bridge. This happy video brings me as close as I ever will get to that place. Most probably this guy thought for talking and advising you for 2 hours should be honoured with the copyright of the picture you gave him. To use it to send it on to Duckworks I cannot really understand. Duckworks is a competitor of whom ? What do they gain by showing a foto of a happy rower in the boat he built himself ? It being a magazine group their journalists should know a minimum about copyrights even on the facebook side. Try to see it very positive that with this beautifully built boat you are a star amongst boatbuilders and because there are not enough stars you can get as a bateau builder ( I think 6 stars is the maximum ) Duckworks so to say put your star ( picture ) onto the walk of fame.
Whenever we want to look at a nice boat being built we will always browse through your thread or whenever we want to feel happynes originating from boats and the sea we might read your circumnavigation book again. We inform friends on facebook with this and that but really happy makes us the communications platform we like most where we discuss even something as small as a square foot of our boats transom or if a brass nail is better used than a SS screw.
We hope you will carry on for a long time to share your boating pleasures in word and picture it enriches our lifes.
Greetings from Karl
P.S.: I used mainly the royal WE because I think I am talking for a lot of the thousands of viewers they definitely also read what comes out of your pen.

All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Karl, thanks as always for the very kind words.
You made it to the US recently, no?
Tony

gonandkarl
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by gonandkarl » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:22 am

Hi,
Yes I was there and it was fun talking to the other boat builders and Jacques. You said you wont be there because you are too lazy, I must say hat now that I made such a strenuous trip half way around the world in 5 days at my age of seventy I will also be rather lazy for the rest of my life and move my backside only onto a boats bench sailing or rowing and even then life is endangered which I prooved yesterday when I flipped my boat from side to upside down and the electric hoist came crushing down in front of my face onto the hull.
We are both well.
Greetings from Karl

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:27 am

Jeesh, Karl, are you and the boat OK?
Tony

gonandkarl
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by gonandkarl » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:41 am

Hi,

Yes the boat has not got the smallest dent and I am fine because it fell down before my nose not touching me at all and then I lifted the hoist back up onto the angles at the wall. In future I will clamp it or screw it to the 2 angles at the wall.

My electric hoist a useful tool except when crashing down onto the boat

Greetings from Karl

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fuzz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Glad you did not get hurt :!: I would miss your updates.
I surely understand you and Tony's reluctance to make long trips at this point in your life. I am still impressed that Karl made it to this years meet.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 pm

My wife and I are extremely fortunate to have done considerable travel in our lives. Unlike some of our friends who still have the wanderlust in their dotage, ours seems to have become tempered, and outweighed by the inconvenience of flight.
Tony

gonandkarl
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by gonandkarl » Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 am

Hi Tony,
Will send your regards to Bondo with whom I am still in contact per email. Yes he built himself a beautiful boat and wooden mast and the whole lot sails so well with now the 4th set of sail. He is always trying out an even better sail and new trim by changing the ballast. I am so excited about his mast that once I have splashed my AD14 with the bought mast that I might make myself also a wooden one over the Winter months. I try to send you a short video of him raising the mast in 1 minute.
Here his boat from the side:
Greetings from Karl

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue May 02, 2017 6:31 am

Karl, hope this message finds you well!! That is a great looking sail boat!! Any idea how fast he has had her up too? Jeff

gonandkarl
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by gonandkarl » Tue May 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi,
As promised here is the link to raising the mast on an AD14 in one minute achieved by Bondo. I am sure he does not mind even that he stopped posting a long time ago. He has not checked the speed of his boat but the videos he sent me were all taken on Lake Washington and showed the boat in light as well as strong winds.

Tony I put it here because on the thread were the question arose about a rub rail as a cover up of a not so tidy chine let me think that Bondos perfect boat infos fit well on your similar perfect V10 s thread.

Greetings from Karl