sk14 Brisbane Australia "Skiffy"

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
mataus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: sk14 Brisbane Australia "Skiffy"

Post by mataus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:01 am

wow is all i can say.
I am down the coast currently building a sk14. You have set the local bar pretty high. I would love to catch up one day and chat.
If you come down here down the goldcoast for a run i would love to see skiffy in action.

MichaelB
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MichaelB » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Way cool build!
I see the modifications made for the front legs on the poling stand. There appears to be a similar “bump” just rear of the front casting deck. Curious what that may be for?
Very nice boat to be proud of!!

graayj
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by graayj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:39 am

Hey Michael, Thanks for the compliments! I fitted a small pad of 9mm ply to reinforce where i will fit another bollard for my anchor, the other 9mm pad is for reinforcing for the seat/console area, i have a fairly choppy bay to cross and wanted a bigger outboard so went fairly heavy duty with the whole build, I was very worried about how it would sit in the water but it sits beautifully! a credit to the designers!

graayj
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by graayj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:43 am

Thanks Mat! Always keen for a chat! would be awesome to see a few skiffs hit the water!! check out my instagram page for some more of the build if you like, hoping to build more in the new year too! @urbane_east Cheers mate!