Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 am
Location: St Helena Island, SC

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Jaysen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Reklus wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Fuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 pm
You guys can build outside 9 months out of the year if needed. Here you need a shop at least 9 months a year.
9? I'm in South Texas Probably closer to 11 haha
12mo for me. Just need to be less lazy.


Currently starting a build of "Lil Bit More". A Class Mini 5.80
Class Mini 580 welcome post.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am
Location: Kasilof, Alaska

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Fuzz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Reklus wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Fuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 pm
You guys can build outside 9 months out of the year if needed. Here you need a shop at least 9 months a year.
9? I'm in South Texas Probably closer to 11 haha
Yep, sometimes I forget just how long it stays warm in some of the "little" states :P

Reklus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:22 pm
Location: Sinton Texas

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Reklus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Reklus wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Fuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 pm
You guys can build outside 9 months out of the year if needed. Here you need a shop at least 9 months a year.
9? I'm in South Texas Probably closer to 11 haha
Yep, sometimes I forget just how long it stays warm in some of the "little" states :P
My dad always used to say " they say Alaska is bigger, but I don't count the icecubes in my tea when determining the size." Hah idk if he heard it somewhere or he's just been crazy my whole life... But I have always found it funny.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am
Location: Kasilof, Alaska

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Fuzz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 pm

There is a show on TV called Texas flip and move. The patriarch of the clan is H.D. Snow. He and my dad were friends. H.D. and his brother drove up to hunt sometime in the late 60's. They had a sign on the back of the motor home that said "Texans on way to Alaska to CHECK size" :lol:

Reklus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:22 pm
Location: Sinton Texas

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Reklus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 pm
There is a show on TV called Texas flip and move. The patriarch of the clan is H.D. Snow. He and my dad were friends. H.D. and his brother drove up to hunt sometime in the late 60's. They had a sign on the back of the motor home that said "Texans on way to Alaska to CHECK size" :lol:
Ha... That good.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 am
Location: St Helena Island, SC

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Jaysen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm

I will attest that Texas can not match Seward’s 10k’ mountains rising from the sea. Don’t get me wrong, Texas has some hills but nothing that goes from 0-to-10k straight up from the water. That place is glorious.

There’s no fish there, but it’s beautiful.

😏
Currently starting a build of "Lil Bit More". A Class Mini 5.80
Class Mini 580 welcome post.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Reklus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:22 pm
Location: Sinton Texas

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Reklus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Jaysen wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm
I will attest that Texas can not match Seward’s 10k’ mountains rising from the sea. Don’t get me wrong, Texas has some hills but nothing that goes from 0-to-10k straight up from the water. That place is glorious.

There’s no fish there, but it’s beautiful.

😏
Probably less cactus and mesquite there too...hahaha

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am
Location: Kasilof, Alaska

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Fuzz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Jaysen wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm
There’s no fish there, but it’s beautiful.

😏
I would not have believed one man could put the fish hex on an entire region if I had not seen it with my own eyes :help:

Anyway you have a nice boat. Have fun with it. How about some running details :wink:

Reklus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:22 pm
Location: Sinton Texas

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Reklus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Hopefully friday ... Probably gonna take the day off and give it a run if the wind cooperates ... And with anylcuk put Brad on some fish.

Reklus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:22 pm
Location: Sinton Texas

Re: Fs14ls s.texas splashed (10-13-19)

Post by Reklus » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 am

Fuzz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:23 pm
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm
There’s no fish there, but it’s beautiful.

😏
I would not have believed one man could put the fish hex on an entire region if I had not seen it with my own eyes :help:

Anyway you have a nice boat. Have fun with it. How about some running details :wink:
Finally put a GPS thing ... With a light wind and chop I was running about 20-23 @ around 3/4 throttle ... Motors is sitting a bit low and causing some drag and backspray but I'm working on a jack plate ... Should be fixed up soon ... Really not lookg forward to drilling holes in the boat hahaha but ... It will get done....as far a draft... I haven't run into any issues yet drifting flats... Even in mangroves ... Motor out and me on bow Im floating about as shallow as I could hope for 👍 loaded up to go in the am and tides are back down to normal so hopefully find some fish!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests