New Free Plans .. 12' pram.. response

Discussions about the free plans distributed at bateau.com and BoatPlans-OnLine.com.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: New Free Plans .. 12' pram.. response

Post by Jaysen » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:Do you know how much whiskey it takes me to build a boat?
I'm hoping to learn the ratio of work to medication needed with your spring project :)
Cracker Larry wrote:I'll help you any way I can, Jaysen.
I appreciate the offer and have a plan in the works. Before I start accumulating and building I have a little bit more research to do.

First up is getting the Mrs on another trip on a large boat to see if my "grand scheme" of ferrying her to Sunday afternoon picnics will work (that research will conclude on Saturday). Depending on the result of Saturday, I may need a different set of plans.

Second up is fiberglass. Seems easy. But so does staying married to a person until one of you passes on. Yet ... such a rare thing. I figure getting some guidance on how to lay fiberglass would avoid some basic mistakes and reduce consumables.

Third is finish. I. Hate. Painting. I suck at it. And that's without needing fairing. Between fairing, primer, graphite, and top coat... I'm only going to do it once. Better get it right. Easiest way to get it right is watch and learn (and help if the option is there).

Then, after all that, I might build a boat.

Which is the long way of saying "when do you want a pupil to study at the school of Cracker"?

:)