E-Cat 24

Questions and Answers about the Woods Designs, multihulls and others.
Bartman
New Poster
New Poster

E-Cat 24

Post by Bartman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Has anyone built an E-Cat 24? I'm new, hello. I have a composites background but not in boatbuilding, mine is in automotive a little in aerospace. I have a friend that owns a fiberglass boat company. For me, they are overweight, over powered and overly expensive. He builds one model with twin 300 Yamaha's. Don't get me wrong, they build a wonderful boat, lifetime transferable warranty, etc. But the twin 300 are $60-70k and a day fishing burns a huge amount of fuel. I maybe could afford one of those boats. But it's not my style, I'm no tree huger but I also don't see the need to waste that amount of money and resources on a past time. For my needs, I will need two boats. For my first project I want to build an open deck boat for fishing with 2-4 people on board. I fish a 144,000 acre lake with locks to river on to ocean. Most people use a bass boat and others use a pontoon. Hurricane Matthew just crushed my Allison bass boat. I'm not going that route again. My family likes several of our friends pontoon but we find the railings and furniture to get in the way for fishing. Rambling sorry....Second boat offshore fishing and intracoastal cruising.

bateau-webmaster
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: E-Cat 24

Post by bateau-webmaster » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:53 am

We haven't yet had a completed build thread, but have had a lot of interest in this design. This would be a great boat for a big lake like that. The engine options are very efficient.
Cracker Larry wrote:Build on 8)
Jamie Fisk
Order Desk, Webmaster
Boat Builder Central, Bateau

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: E-Cat 24

Post by jacquesmm » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:22 am

From the designer:
your program is borderline to fit the EC24 or a pontoon boat like the PC20 or larger.
The pontoon serie (PC) can take standard pontoon boat furniture, not the EC24 or then, only made very light from foam sandwich.
The pontoon boats have more capacity and can take more HP. The EC24 is really focused on maximum efficiency, minimum power.
You decide, you set the priorities.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com