Adelie16 from a land down under

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Adelie16 from a land down under

Post by gonandkarl » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Salvatore,
Yes I am 450 km away from the nearest sea the Adriatic sea, so most of my sailing I will do on some nice lakes close by. It takes me 25 min by car to the shown launching spot it is called Traunsee and very nice for sailing because there are all kinds of winds which are often changing from morning to the afternoon. I am looking forward putting my boat into the water there next to the wooden finger dock.
Greetings from Karl

All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Adelie16 from a land down under

Post by das boot » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm

If you do it right you do not get wet at all. I sail my boat most of the time in Alowett lake near pit medows near Vancouver it takes me around 30 min to drive there and around 15 to rig the mast and get launched the lake is in the mountains so there is always a good wind it is 24 miles long so it takes me between 4-6 hours to get to the other end under sail then after I sail around a bit by then I am getting tired. For the trip back I just start the motor a 6HP 4 stroke and head back to the dock. I just refiled the tank from last week and I burnt 1 liter of fuel in the motor so that is a good day.
You will have no problems it is a very passive boat to work with. Mine is getting old around 8-10 years and i had to dew a few repairs this year but nothing big. I have had it out in the ocean a few times and i works well these as well I have sailed it from Vancouver to Vancouver Island a few times that is 35 miles of opened water no problems i can handle the waves well i have been in 5-6 foot waves no problem it just keeps on going. You will have nothing but fun on it.