AR15 Fiberglass Tape

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
emmalroc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

AR15 Fiberglass Tape

Post by emmalroc » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi! I recently purchased an AR15 kit. I am 17 and I love to sail and I'm taking this on as an independent project at my school. I just wanted to get some opinions- for the puzzle joint in the hull, do you recommend using fiberglass tape on the inside over the joint after epoxied or leave as is? Thanks!
Emma

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AR15 Fiberglass Tape

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Emmalroc, I saw that your AR15 Kit was delivered last Friday to the school. Did the unloading go well for you? Glad you will be using the Builders Forum as you will get great guidance for your build!! We will be following you every step so please take good pictures and post as often as possible!! Jeff

emmalroc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by emmalroc » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Jeff
I will be sure to post pictures and keep an update of my building experience! The delivery was amazing, and I am currently in the process of cutting all of the pieces out and labeling. I'm very excited!
Emma

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:13 pm

No fiberglass during assembly. Later, the seams will be covered on the bottom and chine with the specified glass and that covers everything except for a few inches well above the waterline. If you want, you can always cover that with one layer of tape inside only.
Assemble the hull without any fiberglass tape over the puzzle joint, you"ll see what I mean.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Emma, excellent to hear!! Listen closely to the builders and of course Jacques, he is the designer of your AR15!! I will follow your build closely!! Jeff