Blush and fillers?

See our FAQ and tutorials before posting.
piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Blush and fillers?

Post by piperdown » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:39 am

Reading a few posts and thought of a question I couldn't find the answer to.

Does blush happen when you use fillers? I know that with some epoxys and certain speed hardners while fiberglassing you have to be concerned with blush. So you give it a good washing to remove it.
Does the epoxy still blush if you're using filers with it? Like making fairing compound or creating a thickened epoxy for fillets or etc? Or does the filler stop the blush from happening? Would it matter the filler type, such as wood flour versus milled glass?

This is only a curiosity question.

Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Blush and fillers?

Post by Capt UB » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 am

piperdown wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:39 am
Reading a few posts and thought of a question I couldn't find the answer to.

Does blush happen when you use fillers? I know that with some epoxys and certain speed hardners while fiberglassing you have to be concerned with blush. So you give it a good washing to remove it.
Does the epoxy still blush if you're using filers with it? Like making fairing compound or creating a thickened epoxy for fillets or etc? Or does the filler stop the blush from happening? Would it matter the filler type, such as wood flour versus milled glass?

This is only a curiosity question.

It's the hardener. You would still need to clean/wipe the epoxy down after it cures.
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>