I had just watched one of his earlier, very helpful. I now understand how to apply the graphite powder correctly, that was eluding me. Appears most people use a purpose-made applicator for that, I don't have one of those but will experiment with some stuff and see what works. Also learned that when using spray paint I was using way too much.
A few big mistakes I made were:
1. Crappy alignment of the butt joints as I noted previously.
2. Failed to knock down the bi-ax threads before starting the weave fill, resulting in the need for too much flooding
3. Used neat epoxy for a few flood coats, should have used epoxy mixed with filler
4. Started in with quickfair too early, when I should have still been using epoxy mixed with filler
5. Initial use of quickfair was with short, plastic bondo spatulas resulting in applications that were too thick and uneven
Getting in a groove now, doing about 1-2 hours each night as my arthritic wrists will allow. Looking forward to starting a new phase and making new mistakes.