Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by Fuzz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 pm

I am not a diver but I have been told it can be fantastic with the right equipment.

Mikem59
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mikem59 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Awesome photos. Makes me want to reconsider my next fishing adventure, Islamorada or your neck of the woods Fuzz. But, never been to Islamorada, so I'll keep it at the fore of my bucket list for now.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 pm

This time of the year the sea life can be spectacular. But like everything it is all in the timing. On one trip a few years ago the Orca A-B pod was up in the bay. I was told they had confirmed over 400 different ones in that pod. Of course no good pictures with our crappy camera at the time. That trip made me buy a good one for the wife.

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Yesterday in Ozello. Her first ever reds and snook. 4 and 6 minutes of video to cherish her first fights. "Best day ever daddy" followed by "can you hurry up and finish build your boat".
Attachments
IMG_6791.PNG
IMG_6790.PNG
IMG_6789.PNG

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks Richard! You were right on with cure; 2 1/2 hrs and it was ready to go.
Here you can see the new tape line demarcation and tape. Didn't take a second coat shot b/c, well, I'm pretty sure it would look like the first coat and don't want to bore :D. I'll take a final when all five coats are on.
On a side note, check out my daughter with her first catches on Anything Else.
Attachments
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Oopppsss? Sorry guys I was suppose to post this in Power Boats :roll:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Freaknreakn, great Reds and really nice Snook!! I am sure she loved it!! Congrats on a great day with her!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Freaknreakn wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm
Yesterday in Ozello. Her first ever reds and snook. 4 and 6 minutes of video to cherish her first fights. "Best day ever daddy" followed by "can you hurry up and finish build your boat".
That's a memory to cherish! Awesome!!!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:13 am

Great job on the fishing, boats ok too :lol: , those are some nice looking fish. I bet your daughter was walking on air.
Sounds like the pressure is on to get the new boat done. And that is a nice problem to have.

seaslug

Post by seaslug » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 am

Some great looking fish for sure. I wish I could get my son interested in fishing, but at 15 he's not there yet. Your boat is looking great and from the little time I've spent in your area, seems like the perfect boat. I'm looking for some advice on fishing your area. The last two summers I've rented the furthest house west on the St Martins River, just off Old Ozello Trail RD, about 2 miles from the Johns Brown Rd. boat ramp. We're going again July 23rd, and although the trip is primarily a family affair with Scalloping a few days, my brother in law and I usually get the early mornings for a few hours to fish while the wives and kiddies are sleeping and lounging around. I fish mostly artificial, and like to sight fish Red's, but will bait fish if it will help put a fish on the dinner table to go along with the Scallops. I Might be bringing my FS18, so shallow flats are an option also. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks, Mike