Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by cape man » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 am

You need my smoker.

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 am

That’s some good catching right there. :D
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Wife and I 25th wedding anniversary was yesterday July 16. I let her pick where to go and she had a long list she narrowed down. Since she and the boys have traveled with me when I visit Melbourne (they played, I worked) more than a few times she's always wanted to visit the gulf side of Florida. Well, her best friend and college roommate, who grew up in Florida, suggested Amelia Island. Once she told me I looked at the map, called her back and said, "um...you know that's on the Atlantic side right?!". She laughed and said yes but her friend said is was a great place to go.

Leading up to this, about 2 weeks before we left she said she booked us an adventure for our anniversary....a wildlife tour! :help: I said what wildlife? gators, mosquitoes, and seagulls? She said "oh you'll love it". Now my wife and I don't necessarily enjoy the same activities, but she was excited so I kept a pleasant smile on my face and said "oh great, sounds fun". I kept on a positive note the entire time. Fast forward to being on Amelia Island. We booked a river tour to learn about the island and I saw there was a sailing school. Since we didn't have anything booked for Monday I figured I might as well do something fun. I talked a bit about it and told her on Sunday night that I was thinking of calling the sailing school and booking us for Monday. She was less than thrilled but not for the reason I thought (that she wasn't interested). Finally, during walking around she said that she didn't book us a "nature tour" but a charter boat as a surprise! Boy was I surprised!! She said she was getting nervous that I was strongly suggesting the sailing school and didn't want us wiped out for the charter boat and that if we had had more time we would have done both. Plus she said she could see the dread on my face but I had been a good trooper about it :lol:

Did I mention my wife is AWESOME!

Too bad the red snapper was out of season since we ended up catching and releasing at least 11 big ones. Wife caught the biggest at what the Captain thought was between 15-16lbs. I caught the King and a local restaurant cooked it up for our dinner in a couple of different styles. We had so much fish we ended up sharing the rest with 4 guys at the table next to us on a guys vaca. They were booked on a charter the following day.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Great story Eric. 8)
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:49 am

Nice Eric!!! Great story!! Jeff

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:27 am

Nothing beats a good partner!

Dougster

cape man

Post by cape man » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:51 pm

In Bozeman Montana this week for a meeting and today a dear friend took me down the Yellowstone River in his float boat. Caught three small rainbow trout, lost 300, and had a day of my life!

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Are those pants? I don’t think you broke those out for Alaska....
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Poor guy, life is so tough on him. I even see an opened beer can close at hand :roll:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:39 pm

And he’s one up on my trip...

Pretty. Very good looking. Just to be clear, I’m talking about the fish.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.