XF 20 FREE!!!!!!

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
L B Lee
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

XF 20 FREE!!!!!!

Post by L B Lee » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:54 pm

About a year and a half ago I started buiding a XF20 , inside hull is 90 percent glassed and outside hull is 75 percent glassed with one layer of 1708. I no longer have the time, money, or interest in finishing this boat.
If anyone wants this boat they can come get it. It's FREE.
It is and has been under shelter and in my way. There is no marine plywood in the boat it's all BC ext. plywood. I live in Lake Placid FL.
863-465-0272

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: XF 20 FREE!!!!!!

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:31 pm

L B Lee wrote:About a year and a half ago I started buiding a XF20 , inside hull is 90 percent glassed and outside hull is 75 percent glassed with one layer of 1708. I no longer have the time, money, or interest in finishing this boat.
If anyone wants this boat they can come get it. It's FREE.
It is and has been under shelter and in my way. There is no marine plywood in the boat it's all BC ext. plywood. I live in Lake Placid FL.
863-465-0272
Mr. Lee, I will make sure your boat gets finished. I have called Jeff and we will come get the hull next week. My phone number is 352-424-2419. Many thanks. :D

Richard Grimes
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:07 pm

LB, I got the trailer today to pick up the hull. Is the boat upside down or upright? I need to bring rigging according to the way she is sitting.

The hull is not for me. It is for a friend who helped me build my boat. I want to come on Friday to pick up the boat. Will this work for you?

AA
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 pm

If you haven't tried calling LB Lee yet, now might be a good time, before the boat is disposed of in some less glorious manner than finishing it. This builder may not scan the forums that often. Just a thought...

Hope all works out well for everyone. :)

L B Lee
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by L B Lee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:34 am

Richard, the boat is bottom side up with front facing the door. hope this helps, look forward to seeing you on Friday. Thanks Bruce

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:16 pm

ks8 wrote: Hope all works out well for everyone. :)
ks, it did :D

Jeff and I headed a hundred miles south on Friday to pick up the boat. We did not know what to expect :doh: We discussed the possibility of having to dump the boat on the way home :cry:

Mrs. Lee was very sweet and gave us great directions :D

When we arrived at the Lee home we were very happy to see a very nice hull built by a very skilled craftsman. The panels were void free and the glass work was top notch :D The epoxy work looked damn good :)

It was kind of sad to see a boat not get completed by an great craftsman. But Jd Downing was very happy with the hull. Jeff will start a thread soon to see Bruce Lee's boat get finished in the manner he would have wanted it to be finished.....

It rained on us all the way to Lake Placid....then the sun shined all the way home. Maybe that's a good sign :D Wish I had brought a camera.

AA
Richard

cape man

Post by cape man » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:45 pm

Wow, Richard. Talk about pay it forward! Just stumbled on this thread and can't believe it. Now you can help Jeff directly, and save a boat at the same time. Nice story that I'm sure will have a happy ending for all. You guys need to at least offer Mr. Lee a fishing trip at some point. Still got a few cold ones if your ever in the neighborhood and want to help sand, but sounds like you have another local project to work on. If you guys can make it half as sweet as your's it will be a beauty.

By the way, ever get your vibration issue solved?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:49 pm

good save :!:

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:35 pm

cape man wrote:Wow, Richard. Talk about pay it forward! Just stumbled on this thread and can't believe it. Now you can help Jeff directly, and save a boat at the same time. Nice story that I'm sure will have a happy ending for all. You guys need to at least offer Mr. Lee a fishing trip at some point. Still got a few cold ones if your ever in the neighborhood and want to help sand, but sounds like you have another local project to work on. If you guys can make it half as sweet as your's it will be a beauty.

By the way, ever get your vibration issue solved?
Great minds think alike 8) Craig, Jeff promised Bruce that he would bring the boat back to Lake Placid ....Jeff also offered to take him fishing.

On Red's vibration issue, I have been busy snapper and grouper fishing on the weekends since I got back from the Keys. I have the stuff to fix her and need to get it done soon as the reds are chewing on cutbait in their typical summertime pattern.

I haven't forgot of my offer to lend a hand on your boat. Store a couple of those BBB'S for me and I will be by soon to collect them 8) Going to do an all nighter on the 16th for snapper if your interested. Full moon snapper spawning event. We are fishing the Meisener wreck and the short rocks off Bayport. Much closer than the trip that Larry went on.

Joel, it was a great save of a very nice hull :D

Richard
Richard

cape man

Post by cape man » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Richard,

missed this thread for awhile. The 16th of this month?

Craig
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman