Attaching Pictures

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Tex 2009
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Attaching Pictures

Post by Tex 2009 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:42 am

Can someone tell me how to attach a picture to a post on the site?

Doug Grall
Huntsville, Texas

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Attaching Pictures

Post by chrisobee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 pm

First the picture has to exist on the internet at an URL such as http://www.hostname.com/directory/filename.jpg. The easiest way to do that here is to create a gallery and upload your pictures there. Once you have a URL you edit a message, paste in the URL and surround it with IMG tags such as below.

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.hostname.com/directory/filename.jpg[/img]

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:14 pm

The picture first has to be on the internet somewhere. If the picture exists on the internet, right click on it, select Properties from the menu. A Properties window will open. Look for where it says Location, it will give the URL of the photo. It will start with http and end with .jpg, .bmp. or .gif. Those are the 3 file types you can post here. This is an example of a pic url...

http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userp ... 0there.jpg

Now click and drag your cursor through the full URL to highlight it. Then either right click the highlighted area and select Copy from the menu, or just hit ctrl C which will also copy it.

Open your reply window, right click in the window, and select Paste. Or click then type Ctrl V, which will paste it. When the URL is pasted in the reply window, highlight it again and click on the box that says Img at the top of the window. This will put image tags around the URL. You can also type them yourself Image With the tags around the above URL, it will display like this...which is also an answer to the question you asked on how to flip a boat :wink:

If the photo is not on the internet, you will have to upload it first, either to the gallery here, or an image hosting site such as photobucket. To put your pics in your gallery, click on Builders Galleries at the top of this page, make sure you are logged in, then click on Upload File and follow the instructions.
Last edited by Cracker Larry on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Sorry, I see Chris beat me to it.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Sorry... you both beat me too it, but I've been saying sorry alot today anyway. What could one more hurt. Sorry. Oh... that's two. Er... sorry.. opps... three..... :doh:

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by chrisobee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:14 pm

You're hosed no matter what you do. Just remember no good deed will go unpunished. :roll:

Tex 2009
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Tex 2009 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks guys, I will give it a try.
Doug Grall
Huntsville, Texas