Sure is quiet around here...

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Sure is quiet around here...

Post by topwater » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:34 pm

The pvc helps keep the panel edges aligned no matter what the angle.

Novi 23 finally launched !

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:18 pm

I don't remember having much trouble with that but on the other hand, perhaps the advantage would be obvious if you tried it. Maybe next build in my next life. I've got 4 boats now, only one of which I built, and at one point it might be time to say that's enough of an armada.
Tony

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:46 pm

terrulian wrote: I've got 4 boats now, only one of which I built, and at one point it might be time to say that's enough of an armada.
I hate to disagree with you but I must. :wink: One can never have too many boats. My wife keeps asking how many more boats I need and my answer is always the same "Just one more" :D She has even come around to my way of thinking lately. She said it was ok for me to build another boat and had only one requirement. "Just make sure it is big enough to life on" What does that mean :doh:
Fuzz

Gramps
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gramps » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

We are trying not to float away in the rains or sink in the mud down here in the Bayou City! The weather has been absolutely nuts, heck my Eggplant is still flowering, lettuce bolted to seed, Bhut Jolokia aka Ghost Pepper is still producing and so are the tomatoes... in DECEMBER! It's been in the upper 60's to low 70's for most of the last two months.

Plenty of great weather to work on the boat, I'm not complaining mind you, just a bizarre pattern this year. 8)

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Dang Larry that is a pile of wood hope you don't need all of it this winter. Went to NW Ohio for the Families Christmas this weekend. It was in the 70's I was in short sleeves. My brother and his wife from Alabama were there also and he was also in short sleeves. Lettuce was still growing.

What a messed up weather system we have this year :lol:

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Dang Larry that is a pile of wood hope you don't need all of it this winter.
This will all be gone by the end of January. Need at least twice this much. Maybe 3 times. Used that much last year. I'd rather split wood than pay the electric bill, and I've got plenty of woods. Won't run out in my lifetime anyway :D Where we live the power goes out a lot, usually in the worst of weather. If the power is out, wood heats the house and cooks the food too. Got to have it.

It's been a weird fall here too. Was cold in October, but now December it's been like spring. Low has been in the 60s and highs near 80 all week. Crazy. We've got azaleas blooming, lots of other plants too, still got peppers and lettuce and other veggies and herbs growing that would normally be jelly by now. OK with me, bring on global warming. I like it warm. Cold is coming though soon enough and we'll be ready when it does :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Parkrat
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Parkrat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:16 am

I haven't been able to work on my boat in a couple weeks. Seems like life is getting in the way or my days off are crappy. It was a nice day last week here so I hit the lake. 70 degrees and calm. Can't remember the last time it was this calm on the lake. Not bad for December!

Image[/QUOTE]

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:54 am

Larry we haven't even seen a frost in my area yet. They say when the Goldenrods bloom, it'll be 6 weeks till the first frost. Well, that should have been the 2nd week of November this year, and we were very hopeful for it!! But disappointment was waiting around the corner on that folklore. I guess we can blame it on ISIS. If climate change is our biggest threat, then by that reasoning, ISIS must be responsible for the delayed winter-weather.

Quiet around here, you say?
Business is good and this time of the year is filled with an abundance of family activities. I do poke my head onto the forum every once in a while, but rarely have the time to post. As I write this, I should be working, but I'm having trouble getting going this morning.

God bless the many boat-builders on this forum, and I hope that each of you has an exceedingly great Christmas!!
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Majorgador,
Great post, thanks for that. Nice looking family too.
I hope the Holidays are wonderful for all also.
Fuzz

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Great looking family Seth!
Merry Christmas to you :D
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo