Sure is quiet around here...

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Sure is quiet around here...

Post by Fuzz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:24 pm

I did manage to destroy my Python Drive. Long sad story. I might explain that later.[/quote]

Rick you need to tell at some point. I have thought about getting one but not if they have problems.
Thanks, Fuzz

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:39 pm

I've managed to destroy a few drives, but they were never long stories, wham, bam, destroyed :lol: Sad though :(
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

kdog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kdog » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Wow haven't been on the forum in a long time. Just put my OB17 to bed for another season, can't believe she's 10 years old. Seems like yesterday I splashed her but she's still going strong. When I get the time I might do a little write up on how she's holding up.

Hope everyone is well and has a great holiday.

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:FS13, as soon as life settles down a little.

Very much looking forward to it, Larry.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:47 pm

I've got Cane doing most of his daughter's raising and babysitting now :D He's about accepted that she is here to stay, and needs to be taught how to act if she's going to be living in his house. He's taught her more in 5 days than I could have in 5 weeks. It's amazing watching one smart dog teach another 8) Anybody who thinks they can't communicate doesn't know anything about dogs.

"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:53 am

Hi Larry,

After reading past posts this morning I saw that your Mom passed away a while ago. My sincere belated condolences Larry. That is a warm sweet picture with you and her by the water.

I think the guys want to see another of your build on this site - all in due time I'm sure. Enjoy your own time off in the meantime. Maybe pick up the 6 string or work on unrelated projects for a while. We share a similar philosophical "lifestyle" - so when I go back to the cottage this evening, in the woods away from everything in semi-solitude I raise my beer in one hand and a smoke in the other :D ...Cheers Larry.

Marc

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:37 am

Thank you Marc. I'll raise a glass and a smoke to you too :D Do you grow your own smoke in the woods? I like living in the woods, nobody bothers me and we can do anything we want. I could never again live in suburbia.

Merry Christmas to all, peace on earth, goodwill to men. And dogs :D

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:32 am

Hi Larry,

The place in the woods is only for 3 seasons since it's not insulated more than the minimum but it is so unusually warm here that I go and take advantage when I can like this evening. It always calls me when I am downtown Ottawa in my apartment; the sirens, the traffic, the noise I can do without and rather be where there is none of that. There is no internet, limited cell service, no running water, no shower, no stove but only a composting toilet, small fridge, micro, hot plate for cooking, electric heat and more importantly - my amp, bass and CDs to play along with. Pretty basic and it makes you realize how little you need to survive :lol: I feel at home there, where I really belong, where I should be. Neighbour is 100 yards away and only chat or quick visit once in a blue moon but good to have in case of emergency. My family do not understand why I love the quiet woods so much; go figure. My company is a chipmunk I befriended this summer with a pile of cashews, almonds and peanuts :lol: but it's hibernating now. Maybe I need a dog.

No growing tobacco for smokes but will be growing something else since legalization is just around the corner in Canada. Can't drink liquor and can't ever finish a full beer :lol: I have been too sick, too many times during my college days because of that but hey, I'm not a monk - I need a vice.

Marc

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:37 am

Yep, sounds like you need a dog up there to talk to. I wasn't referring to growing tobacco :wink:

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:56 am

I kinda envy you guys but I have a wife who would never live like that, and since I kinda like her, too, I stay around civilization. We once visited an old friend of mine who has 80 acres out in the wilds of northern California and she said, "why would anyone want to live out here?" And I said, "to get away from it all." And she said "we passed away from it all twenty miles ago."
Tony