Sure is quiet around here...

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Q
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Sure is quiet around here...

Post by Q » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Rickk wrote:Now if I can get her to mellow out on cats :lol:
You get that secret share, PLEASE. I took in an old flame from over 30 years ago in danger of eviction.... and subsequently, her six cats. My Yeller Lab hates cats. Go figure. :roll:

On Christmas Day I read an email from my 84 year old Mom about how she was kinda lonely (Stepfather, 97, died in May) and wanted to visit his grave since this Christmas was the first without him, so off I go to Orlando. That's Inland from where I am at. I HATE going INLAND.

After, I spent the Christmas afternoon building a method for the cats to get into her apartment (attached) through a high window. An elaborate set of jump up steps, etc.

Hope they use it..... Berkley, (Yeller Lab) is gonna kill one of 'em soon....

I now know without a doubt or hesitation why the chicken crossed the road.....

....it was to show the armadillo it could be done.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:35 pm

I gave up on cats a long time ago. Tried them, didn't like them. Love my dogs though.
Beagle or slightly bigger size, quiet, low maintenance short fur and not pansy looking.
Had some beagles, they are dumb as a rock and you can't wash the hound smell off of them. Good for rabbit and deer hunting, but not in my house.

My retrievers have more sense than most people I know, and they don't stink like hounds either.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:00 am

My retrievers have more sense than most people I know,
Yes, I have had one super smart yellow Lab - never been game to get another in case I was disappointed!

I think the time may have come though! :lol:

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:33 am

BF - if you get a rescue puppy and must leave it alone during the day, consider this (or an equivalent in your country) as an alternative.
http://www.campbowwow.com/
My daughter-in-law manages the exact same type of place as that. It's truly heaven for a dog stuck alone all day. Not cheap though, it cost about the same a day as a decent hotel room. I'm real lucky, my dogs aren't alone.

Cane was a rescue puppy and he's the smartest dog I've ever had, and the most anxious to please.
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Larry,
The next time Cane needs a girlfriend you should have her all picked out for him. :D I bet there would be a high demand for the offspring. Just a thought :P
Fuzz

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:
BF - if you get a rescue puppy and must leave it alone during the day, consider this (or an equivalent in your country) as an alternative.
http://www.campbowwow.com/
My daughter-in-law manages the exact same type of place as that. It's truly heaven for a dog stuck alone all day. Not cheap though, it cost about the same a day as a decent hotel room. I'm real lucky, my dogs aren't alone.

Cane was a rescue puppy and he's the smartest dog I've ever had, and the most anxious to please.
I think we average $17/day for 12 hours. Hard to find a baby sitter for your kid let alone your dog for $1.42/hr. 8)

Fred in Wisc
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fred in Wisc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:38 pm

I love cats.

Can't eat a whole one by myself, though.........

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I think we average $17/day for 12 hours. Hard to find a baby sitter for your kid let alone your dog for $1.42/hr.
That's not bad at all. This one is about $35 a day. It's swank though, from a dog's standpoint. We are trying to get a deal with them now. I want to take my son and his wife to Costa Rica for a couple of weeks, but between us we have 6 dogs to board. Trying to work out a reasonable package arrangement, but I think the condo in CR will cost less than the dog boarding, even with an employee and group rate discount :?

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I love cats.
Can't eat a whole one by myself, though.........
Best use for them I've found too. Fish bait is a close second :lol:

I'm sure that some cat lovers will disagree....

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:Had some beagles, they are dumb as a rock and you can't wash the hound smell off of them. Good for rabbit and deer hunting, but not in my house.
They will also eat everything in sight. Wood, plastic, metal ... don't matter. We had a Beagle for a while and wound up giving it to a rancher. Seigel the Beagle got to ride in trucks and chase animals, and quit eating stuff or so we heard. That decision was a win for all involved.