XF20 - XXXF20 build is going up for sale

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

XF20 - XXXF20 build is going up for sale

Post by jorgepease » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Hey everyone ... I am selling my house, quitting my job and moving to Croatia to build this 75' catamaran.

I've got my XXXF20 up for sale. I will take 15K as is. I have my keys home rented till end of March but after that you're welcome to come down and check her out some weekend. If you are coming from far, stay the weekend and we will take her fishing. Here are some pics viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28463&hilit=xxxf20&start=700

It's got a 2016 Yamaha F115 with less than 50 hours, and a trailer. Trailer has one taillight that I cracked :D don't think it would cost much to fix. This is basically a give away, the trailer and motor together cost almost as much. But there are a few things that need to be finished, some painting, the rub rail and touchups here and there.

Otherwise great boat for running skinny, it's not too fast, top speed so far has been 36 mph and that is too fast for this boat.

Cheers
Jorge

305.431.6562 (text me or leave a message, I rarely have phone on me)

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: XF20 - XXXF20 build is going up for sale

Post by peter-curacao » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 pm

I wish I could be that brave 8) good luck men! if time keep us posted on your cat build, and indeed that xf is a steal at a price like that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Jorge, wow!!! What a change in your life!! Hope you enjoy the move!! Yes, great price on your XXXF20. I will keep an eye out for anyone looking for a true skinny water boat!! Jeff

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Wow that is a big change!! Are you going to teach the Croations vacuum infusing?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Congrats on the changes! I'd lie if I said "I'm not jealous". Love to see the build progress on that. Maybe leak us some specs and info?
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jorgepease » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks for spreading the word, and thanks to Bateau for turning me into an addict! :D
I will ask if it's ok to do a build thread here, it will be interesting for sure but if not, you will be able to see it on boatdesign.net

Yeah it's a huge change for me but I am so bored with my job, I feel like it's making me sick and working on boats is my favorite thing to do ... only this time I will be doing it commercially to CE specs and all that jazz.

The Croatians are pretty good boat builders, it was a major industry for them at one time, now not so much and I have worked with them before on other things, they are good tradesmen but they don't know much about infusion.

The commercial buildings on the water can be had cheap, I'm talking $1500 month for a place big enough to park a 747 jet in. The women are cute and I am single, the food is supposed to be the healthiest in the world, might be a little colder than I am used to but I will be fine I think :D all I need will be to find a donkey and a dog to fit my new image lol )

Stay warm everyone!

Southern Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Southern Gent » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Jorge, Best Wishes in this move. Yes get you a " Boat Donkey "

Travel Safe

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:28 pm

jorgepease, by all means start a thread once you are settled as we will want to watch that build in Croatia!! Jeff

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Good for you Jorge.

One of my boys is looking for a skinny water boat. I sent him the link

Good luck
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jorgepease » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for the all the good wishes, getting all nervous. Okay I will def start a thread when I get going with it. This boat is pending sale from a referral off this forum ... Wow, that was fast! Well I guess it is kind of a good deal but I see it as having been a great education and I got to use it for a good two years. Love that boat, little sad to see it go, it's really a good boat!