A little warm today

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

A little warm today

Post by Fuzz » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:14 am

It hit 72f here today. Had something strange happen and water was running off my head :doh: Had to go inside to get away from all the heat.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: A little warm today

Post by narfi » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:41 am

Had a few clouds blocking the sun off and on but was nice here too, got the tent up to 95f and baked my primer nicely.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:54 am

:lol: :lol: I have been on vacation at our place in Iowa on the Mississippi with 24.5 feet of water under the cabin. The normal level is 11 feet at this time of year. Flood level is 15 feet. Not much fun this year, the first two weeks it rained every day. :cry: Coming across from NC farms were flooded and nobody had planted crops. We had a tornado go by about 2 miles north of us the first week and a couple of other watches. Jefferson City, MO where our third mom is staying with her daughter had a tornado go right through it with in a half mile of the house. Well that's the report on my spring vacation. :lol:

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:07 am

You guys like to mess with us Northern folks but you get some real crap weather.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:08 am

92F yesterday, and as Tom pointed out, it's been raining hard, areas are flooded and tornadoes have gone through.
So what does 92F and tons of water mean?..... It's fricken humid as H E L L!
Most likely a bumper crop of mosquitoes this year too :x
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:30 pm

It’s finally started raining, man what a relief from some incredibly hot weather!!!
The highs had been topping 97-99’F for the last two weeks.
Fuzz wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:14 am
It hit 72f here today. Had something strange happen and water was running off my head :doh: Had to go inside to get away from all the heat.
I’ll not soon forget the dang heat wave we were having a couple of years ago when you visited us! The “get me to hell out of here” look on your face was priceless. :lol: Your reaction to our toad strangler rain was also pretty funny. :wink:
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley