Better than Amazon Prime!

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Better than Amazon Prime!

Post by cape man » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 am

There is an Amazon fulfillment center 2 miles from our office, and Boat Builder Central is across the state. Next day delivery from bateau is more consistent. Great service guys!

However, I'm wondering if it is truly service, or perhaps a bit more like servitude, not wanting to give any of us a break while we wait for supplies.... 8) 8) Build On!

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Better than Amazon Prime!

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:24 am

Cape Man, Thank you for the kind words!! We now have an Amazon fulfillment center in our industrial park and we still can't get consistent deliveries on the few things we need from Amazon!!! And they are only 250 yards away!!!!! Thank you again, Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:34 am

An employee here just told me that recently it would take 4 days to get something delivered to work (again, 2 miles away), and one day to his house which is 30+ miles away...

And amazon has never called me on my cell over the weekend to give me an update on an order.

You guys are just a pure pleasure to work with.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks Cape Man!!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:22 pm

First let me say I have had as good or better service from BBC than any other place I have ever dealt with. But the real game changer for me is not dealing with some huge nameless company. When I call them whoever answers is glad to speak with me and eager to help. You just do not get that from huge companies. I will give my money to companies like BBC even if they are not the absolute lowest price because service still matters to me.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Fuzz, thank you for the kind words!! Most appreciated!! How cold is it up there? Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Jeff the kind words have been well earned by all the folks at BBC.

As for the temps here..................it has been a little chilly for the past two weeks. We had a couple of days where it warmed up into the mid twenties and snowed but for the most part it has been and will be for another week or so around 0 in the day and down to -20 at night. We have not had a cold spell like this in some years but it is still pretty mild compared to weather in the 60s. Back then you could pretty well count on mid January to mid February dropping down to -40 and staying there. Even in the 70s the upper Cook Inlet would freeze over solid and you could cross over the 20-30 miles of ocean by foot.

cape man

Post by cape man » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Yeah...I'll be there in July or August. No. Temps like that just ain't right (love how the auto spell puts an apostrophe in ain't, like it ain't one word...).

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:48 am

I do everything I can to not buy from Amazon. They have the slowest shipping ever and I refuse to pay for there prime. I'll pay extra shipping from other companys to get the correct item and get it shipped on time.
Ever since I've been ordering from BBC started in 2006 I believe?? and they have always been consistent in there products and shipping. Keep up the great work, and My OD18 is still solid as a rock and I used BBC materials except for marine ply which I got local.
Completed: FL14, OD18

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:33 am

Thank you Larry B!!! Jeff