Builders Tips link

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Builders Tips link

Post by Dutch1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 pm

I don't know who thought of the "Builders Tips" link at the top of the forum but it is an awesome idea! That will be invaluable to everyone. I literally read threads on this forum for the better part of a year before I felt I had read up enough and was willing to give boat building a go. There are tons of tips on this site and that is the perfect place for them. Countless hours will be saved.

And, I think that was a great Tip to start out with. Another one of CL's would be where he described how far to sand down into the fiberglass after laying. I literally had no idea until I read that post. But, as I sanded I could clearly see what he described and new when it was time to move to another area.

Just my .02 but as it grows, and I hope it does, perhaps you could use the same format as the builders threads but have the section headings start from plywood/foam measuring and cutting all the way through finishing, wiring, etc. Then as builders have a question when they reach a point in there build they could go to that section.

Again, great idea!

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Builders Tips link

Post by jacquesmm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:31 am

Builder's tip are good but do not forget the basic tutorials:
http://bateau2.com/howto-index.php
Those are very important.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Ninastar1
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ninastar1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm

I like the idea of your ''Builder Tips''.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm with Jacques. The builder's tips are great and I certainly have learned a lot from them, but there is nothing like the word from the pros. I often see questions asked in the forums that are covered in the basic literature already posted on the "How-To's and Tutorials" site.
Tony

bateau-webmaster
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bateau-webmaster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am

Thanks Guys! I've gotten a few suggestions already for tips to add. I think I would prefer to keep it as a list of links to forum posts, though I can format pages with content from posts as well (like Larry's Graphite tips). Feel free to put links to posts you think deserve mention here.
Cracker Larry wrote:Build on 8)
Jamie Fisk
Order Desk, Webmaster
Boat Builder Central, Bateau