approx 6am access problem

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

approx 6am access problem

Post by glossieblack » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 am

Just curious. Recently I've been fairly regularly finding that if I try to log into the forum after our evening meal, or around your 6am, access is not available. Are you backing up or doing something else around then?

Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: approx 6am access problem

Post by Jeff » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:46 am

Glossieblack, thank you for the note. Yes, this issue has been a problem for a while now and although we have researched every angle we still cannot find where the delay is coming from. We are sure it is a down load or something similar as it happens almost at the same time every morning. Sorry for the delays it has created!! We will continue to work this until we get it resolved!! Jeff

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:23 am

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User bateauforums1360 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
I'm seeing this error consistently around 8am EDT.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 am

Marshall, Yes and thank you for the note. We have had this issue for some time now but it was creating the issue between 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM EST. It has now moved to about 8:15 to 9:15 AM EST. Jamie has worked on this for months but we can't find the crawler that is slowing/stopping access to the forum!! We will continue to work on it and I do watch it every morning!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Jeff/Jamie, do you know the useragent or an ip address? You can try apache access controls to hard deny. Alternatively you can limit number of connections from a client using iptable or a few "non-apache" apache module. Not knowing how comfortable you all are with this kind of thing I'm hesitant to recommend a specific solution though.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Jaysen, I will make sure Jamie reads your comments as I am completely out of touch with most things called "software"!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fuzz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:44 am

Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 am
Marshall, Yes and thank you for the note. We have had this issue for some time now but it was creating the issue between 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM EST. It has now moved to about 8:15 to 9:15 AM EST. Jamie has worked on this for months but we can't find the crawler that is slowing/stopping access to the forum!! We will continue to work on it and I do watch it every morning!! Jeff
Just do not let in creep past 10-1030 your time. At that point it would be screwing with MY morning routine :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 am

Got it Fuzz but this bug seems to have a mind all its own!! We will continue to work it!! Jeff

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 am

Jeff, I haven't experienced the problem recently. Random luck, or have you found a fix?
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:29 am

it must be random luck. I experienced it twice yesterday! :(