Misdirection

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Misdirection

Post by Eric1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 am

For some reason when I click "go to last post" on Glossieblack's build thread, I'm directed to the first page?

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Misdirection

Post by pee wee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 am

When I click on "new posts" it takes me to the last page (not necessarily the last page with new posts, though), and when I go back to new posts it still shows the new posts icon, but clicking on that takes me to the first page and the new posts icon hasn't cleared. This is the same thread that has been acting up before.
Hank

bateau-webmaster
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bateau-webmaster » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 am

Not sure where you are click on "Go to last post" from. Is it in the "unread posts" section, "new posts" etc. Honestly even if I track down the nature of the error, it's probably something inherent in the code of PHPBB that's causing the issue, it seems longer posts have more issues with things like that. if I click "First unread post" on Glossie's thread it always brings me to the first page, even though I've read through all the pages on his thread.

What I normally do, to look at the last post on a given thread, is just to click the page number (last one is always listed furthest to the right).
Cracker Larry wrote:Build on 8)
Jamie Fisk
Order Desk, Webmaster
Boat Builder Central, Bateau

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am

bateau-webmaster wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 am
Not sure where you are click on "Go to last post" from. Is it in the "unread posts" section, "new posts" etc. Honestly even if I track down the nature of the error, it's probably something inherent in the code of PHPBB that's causing the issue, it seems longer posts have more issues with things like that. if I click "First unread post" on Glossie's thread it always brings me to the first page, even though I've read through all the pages on his thread.

What I normally do, to look at the last post on a given thread, is just to click the page number (last one is always listed furthest to the right).
No worries Jamie, I can get to it. Just not the way I do other posts.