Logging in

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Logging in

Post by Mike Adams » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:45 pm

Just an idle curiosity question - I note that quite a lot of folks (Joel included!) forget to log in sometimes. I've been on this site for over a year now and never have to log in - it's automatic when I connect.

I vaguely recall there was an option box to check for automatic log in when I first registered on the site. Is there some reason why folks don't take up that option? Or am I just doing something that others don't seem to be able to do? :doh:

FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:42 am

I a security setting on your (and each individual) computer. When at home, or on another machine other than the one at my desk, I am not automatically logged on - so I forget. Also, some folks do not like to have their machine "remembering" passwords and log-in information for security reasons.

Lamar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Logging in

Post by Lamar » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:04 am

I've set my account to log me in when I open the forum. If I log off and return, I have to log back on. But if I just close the forum (without logging off) I'm logged on upon my return. Is that ok? Just close the site? Thanks. :?:
D-15 plans in hand